The role of Marketing Executive is ideal for someone who is ambitious, creative, confident, and eager to learn. You will be responsible for supporting the marketing team and will need to demonstrate that you have a flare for organisation and the ability to deliver activities within budget.
There are opportunities to become a Marketing Executive across many different industries and types of companies and it is the perfect job for those who wish to progress into the role of Marketing Manager.
Being a Marketing Executive
As a Marketing Executive your responsibilities will likely include strategic and tactical execution of creative and engaging marketing campaigns, executing marketing strategies, planning marketing events and product launches, developing an online presence and content writing for websites and campaigns. You will be expected to deliver any activity on time, in-line with agreed budgets and ensure they deliver a return on investment (ROI).
This role will allow you to continually develop your marketing skills, and there is a lot of scope for professional growth and career progression. Seeing projects through from conception to completion will allow you to hone your skills and build on your experience. You will also develop your knowledge and understanding of all core marketing disciplines and the ability to project manage key marketing strategies and campaigns.
A Marketing Executive position is ideal for a motivated marketing professional, determined to build a rewarding career, and who is looking for a varied and creative role that requires dedication and outstanding organisational skills.
As a Marketing Executive you can expect to earn between £21,000 - £30,000 on average, dependent upon the industry, location, and your experience.
Many industry sectors have shifted their focus to digital marketing, so many marketing jobs offer the flexibility to work remotely.
Is a Marketing Executive job a good fit for you?
Your day-to-day duties as a Marketing Executive may include:
- Working on all core marketing disciplines including web-based content, content marketing, copywriting, print, multi-media, digital, social media, direct marketing, promotional marketing, project and supplier management, and marketing planning to deliver engaging campaigns.
- Copywriting, design and production of flyers, posters, direct mailers, and online materials such as brochures, presentations, emails, infographics, videos, and newsletters.
- Collaborating on the concept, development and implementation of marketing plans and strategies, product concepts and promotional programmes driving interest and sales.
- Ensuring distribution of internal and external marketing materials and communications.
- Understanding and maintaining the corporate brand in all marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Taking ownership of and evaluate marketing campaigns, advertising, and optimisation metrics to ensure campaigns are effective - reacting quickly and revising campaigns where needed to ensure that trends are acted upon to maximise ROI.
- Conducting market research, including the creation, sourcing and utilisation of key focus groups and questionnaires.
- Developing relationships with and working alongside internal or external creative teams, marketing agencies, suppliers, and contractors to effectively promote sales or brand awareness through bespoke marketing campaigns.
- Supporting the Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, E-commerce Manager, and the after-sales team.
- Representing the marketing team at promotional events.
- Designing and executing social media and online activity, writing creative copy, content strategy and implementation.
- The maintenance and upkeep of websites to enhance the user experience.
- Planning and executing website search engine optimisation (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), email, social media, and pay per click (PPC) advertising campaigns.
- Analysing and utilising Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases for marketing campaigns, reporting and increasing customer retention.
- Continuously seeking new or expanded revenue opportunities.
Are you a good fit for a Marketing Executive job?
To succeed in a job as a Marketing Executive you need a hands-on attitude, and you will also need to demonstrate:
- Good working knowledge of all core marketing areas, including content marketing, copywriting, multi-media, print, digital, social media, direct marketing, and promotional marketing.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation capabilities, coupled with the ability to simultaneously control various projects.
- The ability to process, delegate and prioritise tasks in an organised and proactive manner.
- Project and campaign management experience.
- The ability to work well with cross-departmental team members, enabling collaboration and advice sharing.
- Strong researching capabilities.
- The ability to use software packages including Office 365, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Dotdigital, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Google Business Tools, Analytics, Keyword Builder, Data Studio, Salesforce, HubSpot, SEMrush, Adobe Suite, Vimeo, and WordPress.
Qualifications, Licences & Certifications needed to be a Marketing Executive
The essential requirements include:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a marketing role.
- Fluent level of English, both spoken and written.
- Outstanding writing and communication skills.
- A hands-on attitude and a can-do nature.
In addition to these essential requirements, it is also desirable to have a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, English, Psychology, or a Business-related subject.
Prospective employers will also be looking for those who possess:
- Strong proofreading and copywriting abilities.
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinking abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiastic and proactive work ethic.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Commercial awareness.
- Experience of using metrics for reporting and performance purposes.
- Strong presentation skills.
- The adaptability to embrace change.
- A willingness to embrace new ideas and processes.
- Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge.
- The ability to accept and action feedback.
- A calm demeanour, the ability to work well under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- The capacity to make quick but rational decisions.
- Experience within a similar role.
- Excellent analytical, numerical, verbal, and written communication skills.
Where can a Marketing Executive job take you?
The role of Marketing Executive is an excellent choice for anyone who is a Marketing Assistant and looking to progress their career.
The opportunities for the career progression for a Marketing Executive include, moving on to a Senior Marketing Executive role or a Marketing Manager role.
Visit our Marketing Jobs page to keep a lookout for new opportunities.