Working within the Data Model Change Control team and closely with the Product Description Data acquisition team, as a Change Control Analyst your focus will be on making the customer journey easier, more inspiring and to enable self-choice across all of Kingfisher’s channels.
Are you experienced in data modelling with knowledge of how to optimise content for driving digital engagement? Do you thrive in a fast-changing environment with challenging deadlines? Kingfisher are looking for someone with proven experience in a mid to large corporate environment, an individual with in-depth knowledge of PIM (Product Information Management) solutions, and someone who has worked on complex Business Change and Transformation programmes. The ideal candidate will be comfortable communicating and influencing at all levels in a multicultural environment, as well as being resilient, tenacious and persistent with the ability to maintain a positive outlook in the face of setbacks. If you match this description, have an excellent attention to detail, strong analytical skills and a working knowledge of DIY product ranges, then this could be the job you’ve been searching for.
What you’ll be doing as a Change Control Analyst
As a Change Control Analyst, your role will define and enhance the Group Data Model, which is used to collect all customer selling data. The role will work with both the O&S and Banner teams to deliver world-class product data and information, whatever the channel. Your key responsibilities would include:
- Governing requests to add attributes and specific values to the current PIM Data Model
- Supporting markets migration onto the Data Model by processing their requests
- Identifying areas of the Data Model that need improving to support markets’ local products (such as subgroup creation and duplicate removal)
- Communicating with markets on a weekly basis to make sure they understand the decisions made by the change control team, using currently defined principles to guide decision making
- Supporting our offshore team (TCS) with configuration of approved changes to the Data Model
- Conducting impact analysis for any medium to high impact changes
- Analysing data requests to make sure consistency is being applied throughout the Data Model
- Working alongside wider migration teams, delivery leads, project teams and configuration teams to ensure prioritisation meets delivery requirements
- Dealing with ad-hoc requests, balancing shifting priorities
- Supporting the wider team as required, according to agreed priorities
Skills, qualifications and experience needed for a Change Control Analyst
- Essential technical competencies in: Microsoft Outlook; advanced Excel including pivot tables, macros, formulas and VBA; intermediate Word; intermediate PowerPoint; advanced PowerPoint Visio; SharePoint; MS Project; Microsoft 365; Lync
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A drive to deliver – you’re conscientious, pragmatic, organised and keep your commitments. You go beyond boundaries to contribute and seek mutual benefits
- Proactive planning – you look and plan ahead, setting priorities whilst balancing both short and longer-term requirements
- A broad thinker – you have the ability to anticipate a range of factors, assimilate and evaluate information quickly, manage complexity and adapt to a constantly changing environment whilst maintaining focus on the critical path
- Excellent oral and written English
- French and/or other relevant languages (Turkish, Polish, Romanian, Spanish, Portuguese) advantageous
Next steps: If the role of Change Control Analyst sounds like the ideal fit for you, please get in touch.