Head of Portfolio Acquisitions
Based in London or Reading
ASAP - Ongoing
£800-£1000 per day
37 hours per week
Working for the Sector Director for Distributed Generation & Stroage, the Head of Portfolio Acquisitions will be accountable for managing the acquisition of single and/or multiple site acquisitions for typically large, utility scale Solar and Battery projects.
Your focus will be to originate dataflow and execute transactions to completion. To achieve this, you'll manage supporting teams, including Business Development, Commercial, Operations and Corporate Finance support. You'll also play a key role in interactions with the wider business, including the wider development of the D,G&S strategy and will be responsible for providing direction and oversight to these teams, ensuring the 5YP and targets set by management are met.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work with DG&S Sector Director in the development of an acquisition pipeline for Solar and Battery storage opportunities.
- Leading the origination and identification of acquisition opportunities in the solar and battery storage market particular building relationships with developers.
- Managing the full transaction process from origination to financial/commercial close including commercial negotiations with the counter party.
- Responsible for developing the acquisition business case and all underlying commercial/financial and technical assumptions with colleagues.
- Manage potential opportunities through the internal approval process.
- Ensuring a smooth handover post close to the Project Development team bringing projects to FID and into construction.
- Have the competency to support and develop the organic DG&S projects as well acquisition pipeline at times of slower deal flow.
- Support in the designing and implementing of business plans/strategies for DG&S business stream that will promote the attainment of the 5YP and business goals
- Managing and nurturing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and as well as partners/contractors.
To be considered for this role, you need to have the following:
- Strong energy sector experience, ideally within the Distributed Energy space.
- Existing network with developers and within the renewable energy market.
- Experience of renewable energy projects in particular solar and battery projects.
- Strong commercial and financial skills relating to acquisition.
- Fundamental Project Management knowledge and qualifications
- Excellent leadership expertise where you lead from the front and drive overall team performance
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with partners, customers and stakeholders at various levels off seniority
- Detailed understanding of Distributed Energy and local integrated energy systems
- Self-motivation and a proactive working approach with the ability to deliver sound Management input both internally and externally to all levels
- Be operationally sound with excellent attention to detail
Due to the nature of the role, a full driving licence is required.
Please do not apply for this role if you do not meet the candidate requirements.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted