Role: IT and Data tech supportLocation: London BridgeSalary: Flexible based on experienceMy client, a leading tech agency based in London Bridge are seeking a new...
** IT Support Analyst - 2nd Line Support **
Fixed Term Contract
£25k - £30k
The successful candidate will be based in Guildford but will be required to work at our clients Woking office once a week. The role also requires a candidate willing to work flexi-hours. The hours are 37.5 hours per week, working 8.00am to 4pm one week and 9.30am to 6pm the next on an alternating basis.
The IT Support Analyst will provide 2nd line support for all IT support queries and ensuring calls that are escalated from the IT Support Assistant are handled appropriately. Manage the delivery of the IT Support function to ensure calls are dealt within SLA. To assist the IT Network Manager with projects and network maintenance.
- Resolving or escalating all assigned support queries
- Mentoring the IT Support Assistant role as they handle all 1st line enquiries
- Raising issues with suppliers and managing those support calls to a conclusion
- Keep users updated with the on-going status of all outstanding faults
- Maintain firm-wide user satisfaction with the services provided by the IT team
- Logging support jobs with suppliers and following through to resolution
- Providing support and assistance to first line when required
- Maintain integrity of system backups and ensure off site storage procedures are followed
- Maintain policy for daily system maintenance checks
- Document new and existing system processes to be used by IT personnel
- Creating and maintaining images for desktop clients
- Assist the IT Network Manager where required
- Management of corporate mobile devices
- Maintaining relations with print supplier to ensure smooth running of print fleet
- Maintain stock control process for all IT assets
The ideal applicant will be self-motivated, flexible, a team player and have excellent communication skills. Candidates will be required to use their own initiative and to deal with all IT queries in a friendly and professional manner to employees at all levels. Candidates must be analytical with good problem-solving skills and have the ability to work under pressure.
Skills / Requirements
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft environments
- Analytical, ability to troubleshoot problems
- Strong verbal/written communications skills
- Driving License
- Ability to prioritise & execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to meet deadlines
- Sound understanding of Windows environments
For further details, please contact the Guildford, Tate office.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.