Outsourcing Senior Manager
Salary up to £60k DOE
Full-time permanent position offers hybrid working and flexible working options.
Tate are delighted to be working with a top 100 accountancy practice who are recruiting for an Outsourcing Senior Manager. Their Outsourcing division, which provides their clients with a full range of accounting and back-office services, is one of the fastest growing in their practice.
This will be a group role operating across all our clients' offices. You will be driven and thrive in the variety this type of role offers. You will also be able to provide commercial/financial expertise to support your client's business.
The Outsourcing Senior Managers responsibilities will involve:
- Engaging with your clients' business, understanding their needs and identify new opportunities.
- Being the primary day-to-day contact for your allocated portfolio of clients regarding all data processing activities and treasury matters, taking responsibility for all duties up to and including the production of (often complex) management information
- Data processing activities to be conducted by the team to include bank transactions, sales and purchase ledger items, expense claims and all other general ledger postings, journals etc;
- Active business partnering to ensure informed reporting of risks & opportunities, actuals and forecast variance analysis.
- Analytically reviewing results and analysing key performance indicators for your clients.
- Ensuring that allocated teams are keeping all accounting systems up to date and accurate within the agree timeframes.
- Reviewing VAT returns, EC sales lists and Intrastat returns, having an understanding of what is allowable under the VAT rules and the basic principles of partial exemption and how this operates.
- Preparing basic statutory financial statements for clients with little or no supervision, having an awareness of the disclosure requirements of the Companies Act
- Preparing an audit file which could be provided to the client's auditors, with supporting schedules for all balance sheet items.
- Carrying out ad hoc assignments, often to include budgeting and assistance with cash flow forecasting and training clients in use of their accounting systems.
- Assisting with tendering to potential new clients as well as the implementation phase for new engagements
- Liaising and collaborating with tax, payroll and other departments on client matters, identifying cross-selling opportunities
- Promoting the interests of the firm to clients, prospective clients and other third parties.
- Assisting with portfolio allocation across the wider team and monitor time allocations, budgets and deadlines, including data insight for internal management reporting and checklist monitoring
- Working in accordance with defined systems and procedures as well challenging the status quo where there may be a more efficient way of doing things.
- Empowering and educating through line management to develop more junior members of the team.
Requirements for the Outsourcing Senior Manager:
- You must have a minimum of 4-5 years UK experience, from either a Practice Outsourcing team or senior management accountant/business partner in industry.
- Ideally, you will be ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified, but part qualified and QBE candidates will be considered.
- A positive and confident self-starter, who understands the importance of maintaining positive client relationships as well as internal collaboration.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with an ability to work across a variety of clients during any one month.
- Exceptional attention to detail, demonstrating an organised approach to work; an ability to prioritise and meet tight timeframes with high quality output.
- An ability to apply technical accounting knowledge to real-life client situations.
- Knowledge of UKGAAP and desirably IFRS
- Strong IT skills, specifically Xero and Excel alongside an ability to pick up new software packages very quickly.
- Sage and CCH experience would also be an advantage.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Tate is committed to promoting equal opportunities. To ensure that every candidate has the best experience with us, we encourage you to let us know if there are any adjustments we can make during the application or interview process. Your comfort and accessibility are our priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Additionally, we value and respect your individuality, and we invite you to share your preferred pronouns in your application.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search