Trainee Housing Option Officer
Colindale - North London NW9
£13.00 per hour
Tate are currently recruiting for a Trainee Housing Option Officer to join our client, one of the UK's top housing associations based in Colindale, North London, on a temporary on-going basis.
The role is starting at £13.00 and is working 37.5 hours a week Monday - Friday
The key purpose of the role is to support households to make choices that helps them to prevent their homelessness or find alternative suitable accommodation. To assist the Housing Options Service in delivering its key objectives by providing high quality homelessness prevention advice and housing needs assessments.
- To provide a high standard of housing advice, homelessness prevention and housing needs assessments to clients in need
- To contribute to service area objectives in providing and letting a good standard of accommodation to tenants and landlords
- To provide a comprehensive and customer-focused service to our customers and landlords via telephone, email and face to face
- To help maximise the income of households
- Capturing and maintaining accurate case notes and accurate information on databases including the scanning and filing of documents
- To detect and report any incidents of suspected fraud to the relevant senior officer and to liaise with other departments such as the councils Corporate Anti Fraud Team (CAFT), Housing Benefit, Internal Audit and Legal
- To continuously learn and improve services for the benefit of the customer and Barnet Homes by routinely providing colleagues with feedback about weaknesses in the systems and ideas for improvement
- To protect Barnet Homes interests at all times, ensuring that no needless expenditure is committed, and that Barnet Homes equipment is used in an appropriate manner
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Tate is committed to promoting equal opportunities. To ensure that every candidate has the best experience with us, we encourage you to let us know if there are any adjustments we can make during the application or interview process. Your comfort and accessibility are our priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Additionally, we value and respect your individuality, and we invite you to share your preferred pronouns in your application.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search