Circa £50k DOE, plus benefits including discounted travel.
Hybrid Working 37.5 hours per week.
Location Tunbridge Wells.
We are delighted to be working with this exciting and fast paced client who are looking for a Management Accountant to join their established and down to earth team. Our client operates from 2 main locations, Tunbridge Wells and London, this role is for their head office in Tunbridge Wells. Dealing in both the Corporate and Leisure Travel markets, the business is rapidly growing with a turnover of £35m+. As Management Accountant you will be part qualified; the ideal candidate should have at least 3 years' experience in a similar financial role. You will report to the Financial Director.
Management Account Key Accountabilities:
- To assist with the smooth running of the accounts department
- Developing, improving, and maintaining procedures and internal controls over financial transactions within the firm are conducted efficiently and accurately
- Assist with the VAT Returns & TOMS Calculations
- Overseeing the reconciliation of Vendors/Suppliers
- Overseeing the authorisation of expenses/overheads
- Overseeing the reconciliation of sterling and currency bank accounts
- Preparation of the CAA & ABTA quarterly reports
- Assist with the annual regulatory licence renewal process for both CAA and ABTA
- PCI DSS /PSD2
- Ensure strict balance sheet control which complies with internal and external ratios
- Overseeing any VAT implications within the company, audit of VAT and make sure all personnel are aware of all VAT issues
- The preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Working with the FD to prepare annual Accounts, including preparation of draft statutory accounts to audit standard
- Liaison with Auditors
- Ad-Hoc Reports - support the operational business decision making process by using financial and non-financial data
- Reporting to Senior Management
- Bank Liaison
- Any other tasks which will support the Financial Director
Required skills and experience needed:
- Part qualified as ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Licence renewals (CAA and ABTA) -Desirable.
- Compliance industry standards
- Preparation of statutory accounts to audit standard
- Business analysis skills/experience
- VAT Returns
- Excellent computer skills
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills as well as PowerBi
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
Skills or knowledge in some of the following areas
- Sage Line 50
- Dolphin Dynamics - Travel Back Office System
- PCI, DSS
- CAA & ABTA returns
- TOMS Calculations
If this role is for you and you would like to work for a well established friendly company then please contact Marie McDermott at
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Tate is committed to promoting equal opportunities. To ensure that every candidate has the best experience with us, we encourage you to let us know if there are any adjustments we can make during the application or interview process. Your comfort and accessibility are our priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Additionally, we value and respect your individuality, and we invite you to share your preferred pronouns in your application.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search