Payroll Specialist (part time), Central Brighton, £23-30k doe pro rata, for modern accountancy firm supporting small creative businesses, office based (can offer hybrid working after probation period), 3-4 days per week ideally, could also consider full time for the right person.
Joining a small and sociable team, where their values are an ethical, collaborative environment, looking for energetic, strong communicators with the ability to take ownership and help others.
The Payroll Specialist, Brighton, will work Monday-Friday, ideally 20-30 hours per week flexible. This is a varied role where you will be responsible for:
- Manage payroll for our creative clients varying in size and complexity across various time scaled payroll runs - Weekly, Bi-Weekly, 4-Weekly & Monthly
- Reviewing payroll information prepared by team members - providing training where necessary.
- Assisting with the preparation of payroll information using Xero, Money soft Payroll Manager and Excel.
- Filing Real Time Information returns
- Dealing with client's payroll queries, ranging in complexity, including but not limited to - Holiday requests, SSP, SMP, Redundancy
- Multi employee payrolls as well as single director payroll
- Sending employee payslips
- Informing clients of their liability
- Actioning and issuing payroll notices and forms - including P6 notices, P45's, and P60's.
- Liaising with clients, HMRC and internal staff
- Ensure active programme of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
Good knowledge of Xero essential, ideally ICB level 3 qualified or CIPP or equivalent.
The Payroll Specialist (part time), Brighton will work in a close team, with previous payroll experience essential. Book-keeping expertise all relevant. Must have good knowledge of Xero and ideally Money soft Payroll Manager, confident to deal with clients over the phone, excellent attention to detail, ability to own email management and flex to the needs of the business during quieter periods. The team are currently based in the office full time. Potential to work from home occasionally after 6-month probationary period. Candidates must live within commutable distance of Brighton and have the right to work in the UK as our client is not able to offer sponsorship.
The Payroll Specialist, Brighton offers a salary up to £30k doe pro rata, 25 days holidays, plus Bank Holiday, Death in Service, pension, cycle to work scheme, free fruit and teas/coffees, regular socials. No parking but on central Brighton bus routes and walking distance from Brighton train station. Immediate interviews.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Tate is committed to promoting equal opportunities. To ensure that every candidate has the best experience with us, we encourage you to let us know if there are any adjustments we can make during the application or interview process. Your comfort and accessibility are our priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Additionally, we value and respect your individuality, and we invite you to share your preferred pronouns in your application.