Head of Consumer Marketing
Location: Currently remote, anticipate returning to hybrid working in London of September
Salary: Circa £55,000
Our client is an award-winning trusted news source for children and young people. Right now, they are experiencing a real growth trajectory as a company and a brand. They are leading the way with a suite of news-based ed-tech learning solutions and partnering with some of the biggest global brands and they are looking for a highly ambitious, self-motivated, strategically minded, and experienced Head of Consumer Marketing.
This role is accountable for delivering a best in class and disruptive marketing strategy which is focused on growing subscriptions and increasing retention whilst meeting revenue targets set, amplifying brand stand out and maximising opportunities to see.
The successful candidate will have plenty of energy, who will roll their sleeves up to deliver campaign forward plan that will reduce churn, drive customer acquisition and audience retention at scale. This role provides a real opportunity to make a difference to empowering children. You will be passionate about this mission and have the skills to build the overarching integrated consumer marketing strategy.
- Responsible for leading and driving innovation all marketing across the Consumer Marketing Team, managing and develop small team of three marketeers.
- Drive commercial growth, meet subscriptions sales targets and to increase retention within budget.
- Lead, build and implement the marketing strategy based on customer insight and data analytics, pricing strategy and ongoing changes and ensure all activity is executed to the highest of standards
- Build, lead and manage all acquisition forecasting, targets and attribution modelling and report to senior management and the board on a monthly basis
- Identify and work with brand, media and commercial partners (paid & contra) to leverage reader interest and expand our consumer reach and opportunities to see across all marketing channels
- Support a culture of collaboration and integration, working closely with Schools Marketing, Editorial and the Partnerships team
- Work with the Head of Schools Marketing and ensure effective planning and fluidity between the consumer and the schools marketing strategy and activity.
The successful candidate will have 2 years proven experience at 'Head Of' level.
- Excellent knowledge of CRM, PPC, SEM, SEO, GDN, Paid Social, organic social, affiliates, content marketing experience
- Drive innovation across all own and paid for channels to produce market leading campaigns that create cut-through and deliver on objectives
- Commercially driven and highly numerate with a good analytical mind
- Excellent experience of budget forecasting, financial modelling, attribution modelling and reporting processes
- Excellent communicator, confident in dealing with multiple board-level stakeholders
- Excellent and proven experience across all channels of the marketing mix
- Subscription marketing within publishing or relevant sector desirable
- Experience of the children's sector and marketing to parents
This is an exciting time for someone exceptional with positive energy, a proactive 'can do' attitude and enthusiasm to join a progressive and ambitious brand and be influential in driving it forward as we enter a period of commercial growth.
If you wish to discuss anything regarding this position and/or your application to this role, please reach out directly
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted