Would you like to work for one of the UK leading companies within their industry? Established for over 40 years, this company is family owned and through their commitment to providing the best service they continue to grow.
Finance Assistant / Purchase Ledger
Location: Welwyn Garden City (possible hybrid opportunity)
Purpose of the job:
Working closely with the Finance team, processing supplier invoices, payments and staff expenses
- Processing and updating system with supplier invoices using Sage ensuring payments are made on time
- Managing all invoices received into the department, which may be from sub-contractors or suppliers
- All invoices to be checked, validated and coded
- Review and check VAT & CIS amounts stated on invoices are correct
- Match data on invoices to costs quoted on system
- Ensure all invoices are approved by the relevant person
- Check and reconcile supplier invoices to supplier statements and resolve supplier invoice queries in a timely manner
- Update and forecast anticipated supplier payment run each month and manage supplier payment expectations
- Review and investigate supplier debit balances
- Check, process and pay employee expense claims in line with company policy and maintain employee mileage records
- Investigate and resolved Year-end supplier audit queries
- Daily bank reconciliations for all payments leaving the bank and end of month bank reconciliations
- Manage credit card receipts and post to the ledger
- Submit HMRC payments and CIS returns by statutory dates
- Support other areas of finance administration as and when necessary
- Open and distribute the incoming post on a daily basis
- Support with answering (overflow) telephone calls, taking accurate messages where necessary
- Any other administrative tasks as directed by the Management
If you have previous finance / purchase ledger experience, then this could be just the role for you. You must have previous experience with Sage and be a competent user of excel.
Apply today by attaching your CV and someone from Tate will be in contact.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search