A modern and dynamic law firm based in the heart of the city of London is seeking a Patent Paralegal to join their ever-growing Bath Team.
The role will be working on a hybrid basis, 3 days in the office and 2 from home, but some flexibility will be needed depending on court dates and caseloads. Salary will be dependent on experience with a range of between £30,000- £38,000.
This is a very well-rounded, diverse Paralegal role and will be supporting the fee earners with all administrative and secretarial tasks as well as some patent and trademarking work. Duties will include the following, but will not be limited to:
- Diary management (i.e. arranging meetings, conference calls, etc.)
- Fielding calls where appropriate, and taking accurate and detailed telephone messages
- Deals with incoming emails, post and faxes and, where authorised to do so, corresponds on behalf of the Fee Earner
- Carries out background research and presents findings, in response to requests from clients and/or Fee Earners
- Raises travel request forms for the Fee Earner, for submission to the Travel Request Team (as and when required)
- Ensures the Fee Earner is well prepared for meetings
- Liaises with clients, suppliers, and other employees across the firm
- Prepares documents ready for on-line filing of UK, EPO and PCT Forms, plus CTM applications via EUIPO and Madrid Protocol applications (where applicable)
- Updates prior art files, and prepares IDS and Section 8 (where applicable)
- Demonstrates fast accurate typing skills, and excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Prepares correspondence and legal documentation
- Checks Diary Lists on a regular basis
- Liaising with clients and external third parties, both internal and external
The ideal candidate will be an experience paralegal or legal secretary that has previously worked in a IP law firm and has an understanding of IP, Patents and trademarking. You will enjoy supporting fee earners, being their go to person for all administrative needs. You will have an excellent eye for details, be detail and process orientated as well as highly organised. You will be looking for a supportive and modern law firm and enjoy working in a team, but also autonomously!
If you are an experience paralegal/ legal sec with IP experience then please do apply, the firm are amazing and will truly look after and develop its people!
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted