Logistics Specialist 3 months, Temp to Perm £15.08 per hour Hybrid / Watford Full time
Tate Recruitment are working in Partnership with a large retailer based in Watford, Hertfordshire. The Logistics and Trading team are looking for a Logistics Compliance Specialist to join their team on a temporary 3-month basis that will convert over to a permanent contract for the right candidate.
- Develop, implement, and train existing vendors on policies and procedures.
- Proper understanding of purchase order, pre-ticketing standards, packing requirements, carton labelling, freight and shipping processes, and all required imports documentation and regulatory product requirements.
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of all required logistics data and information
- Maintains and updates contact information for all vendors services on the data base.
- Communicate company's logistics guides and import processes to various vendors
- Conducts training on programmes and answers questions
- Provide instruction to vendors on new government regulations that may impede the importing process
- Travels to vendor communities, training as the business deems necessary
- Analyses, trains, communicates, and supports the vendors in understanding non compliant execution to company logistics standards. Develops individual action plans, implements and monitors progress with vendor to promote improvement in non compliant areas. Provides feedback on non compliant merchant instruction
- Forms strong working relationships across all corporate logistics divisions, and takes ownership on becoming an expert on company standards and initiatives as well as industry practices
- Establishes as a key contact for new vendors, and provides support on logistics procedures and service providers
- Responsible for ad-hoc projects as required by the business
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience supporting vendor community, retail logistics and trade compliance
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, great organisation, initiative, and analytical skills, Self-starter, able to work independently
- Ability to communicate across organisational groups and levels internally and externally
- High level of understanding of excel and PowerPoint
- Good follow through skills and ability to prioritise tasks to meet corporate goals
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted