Service Desk Consultant
Remote working with occasional office visit
Initially a temp contract but potential for permanent progression
This is primarily a Service Desk Consultant role within a Managed Services practice. The role will be home-based with occasional office visits.
The successful candidate's primary responsibility will be to provide first-line support to customers. Additionally, they w-ill be required to assist the wider team where required.
Experience and Skills
- Experience of working on a Service Desk overseeing the efficient and timely administration and progression of incidents, problems and changes.
- Experience using an ITSM tool, such as ServiceNow.
- Previous experience of working within a support environment, ideally underpinned by ITIL-based working practices. The candidate should ideally be certified at Foundation level for ITIL, but this is not essential if a candidate can demonstrate understanding of the principles.
- The ability to multitask, co-ordinate activities and be the first point of escalation for (potentially difficult) customers.
- Oracle experience is not essential but any experience with Oracle Managed Services will be beneficial.
- General computer systems competence and specific Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, to provide management support e.g. producing service reports, aggregating service performance statistics, updating internal systems.
- The successful candidate will have good communication skills, such that they are able to engage with customers, and a good standard of written English.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, energetic and results focused.
- A can-do attitude.
- A strong attention to detail and a drive to obtain information and updates from clients and colleagues.
- Can operate effectively both individually and within a team.
- Exceptional communication skills, helping to maintain excellent relationships with our customers and ensure issues can be resolved effectively.
- Outstanding time management and organisation skills, with the ability to manage multiple on-going activities.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted