Multimedia Reporter - Southampton - £14 - £16 per hour - ASAP Start
Tate are recruiting for one of the leading UK's Universities based in Southampton for a Multimedia reporter on a long term temporary contract - this role is full time with the option of Hybrid/ Remote working
Create compelling written and multimedia content of the University's research, education, enterprise and community-focused activities across all of its campuses for publication via the University's Corporate Communications channels (in print and online) and, where appropriate, for sharing with external media outlets/organisations in the UK and around the world.
Responsible, as a 'principal storyteller' for working closely with academics, students' alumni, key stakeholders and the Media Relations, Internal Communications and Corporate Communications teams to gather and present appropriate material to support the University's Strategic objectives.
Key duties are as follows
- Build strong communication networks and working relationships across the University, as agreed with the Media Relations Manager, in order to proactively identify and source newsworthy items, and develop a good personal knowledge of University activities.
- Be proficient in writing, and creating/editing photo, video and audio content to reflect key activities and news stories to reflect the University brand to key audiences and stakeholder groups, working to relevant Health & Safety, Privacy, Data Protection and other relevant policies.
- Contribute updated/contemporary content online, via the University website, and through other channels including social media accounts and across mainstream media.
- Serve as a media relations contact for the University, fielding requests for press releases, interviews and other resources whilst also assisting in facilitating interviews using on-campus resources (ISDN, online TV studio) and organising/hosting media visits to campus locations.
- Assist in preparing/presenting regular reports of media relations activity, guided by key performance indicators agreed with the Corporate Communications team.
- Skill level equivalent to achievement of HNC, A-Level, NVQ3 with proven work experience acquired in relevant roles and job-related training.
- Experience of writing on a broad range of topics for a wide range of audiences, including press releases and features for relevant media, web pages and printed publications
- Good technical ability in industry-standard video and audio production (including film, sound recording, editing and uploading to digital channels)
- Good photography skills
- Good working knowledge of social media content preparation, distribution and evaluation.
- Experience of sourcing stories in a large/complex organisation.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted