Finance Manager ACCA/ACA, full time permanent, up to £55k doe, qualified with people management skills, required for small, relaxed, dog friendly office in Lewes, East Sussex due to growth. If you want to work for an ethical business with a global reach who are big on sustainability and becoming carbon neutral with a real family feel, non-hierarchy / non corporate business who really cares about their staff and the planet ,then this could be the ideal opportunity for you. Inclusive environment and very multi-cultural team.
Joining a team of 6, you will be directly managing four less senior members of the finance team as well as contributing to the success of the business reporting wise.
This is a pivot role due to an exciting period of growth for the company as it expands into Europe, the US and Asia. The US parent company is also planning to list of the NASDAQ in Q3. Working as a middle member of management in a small company, there is scope to be involved in much more than finance.
Essential qualifications and experience needed:
- Qualified CA, either ACA or ACCA (ideally from a Top 10 accounting firm).
- US GAAP and IFRS experience, with experience of derivatives and mark-to-market accounting.
- Ability to develop and manage the finance team in a SOX controls environment.
- Experience of managing teams.
- Experience of accounting systems to include NetSuite.
- Microsoft office experience, particularly Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, sumifs formulas etc).
Soft skills required:
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical and logical thinking skills.
- Experienced manager and strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Able to prioritise effectively, speed and accuracy of work to a high quality.
- Innovative and problem solver.
Day to day your main responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of daily cash activities and managing cash flow.
- Oversight of credit control.
- Monthly reporting - this will include:
- Consolidations across regions.
- Monthly management financial reporting and analysis.
- Monthly compliance reporting for banks.
- Supervising the Finance Department (a team of four)
- Managing the annual audit process (including SOX control testing and preparation of full IFRS financial statements).
- Identifying areas in which they can use finance to support the wider business, particularly the Sales and Logistics department.
- Playing a key role in liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
The Finance Manager in Lewes is offering a competitive salary between £45-55k doe. Ideal candidates will be ACCA/ACA qualified with experience of managing a small team and ideally working in a similar small office environment. Must have strong US GAAP and IFRS experience.
Company is able to offer a hybrid working pattern after initial onboarding, normally after a month. Typically, they work 3 days in the office, 2 days from home. Full time permanent role working Monday to Friday, 9-5pm. Other benefits include 25 days holidays plus Bank Holidays and pension, free fruit and amazing coffee. Immediate interviews but will wait notice for the right applicant as important they get the right cultural fit for their business.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.