Information Compliance Manager - 5 months based in Eastleigh
We have a great opportunity working for one of our clients, based in Eastleigh, for an Information Compliance Manager, who has previously worked within a compliance/GDPR role.
Immediate start - for a period of 5 months
37hrs per week
DBS to be taken up on the successful candidate
Our client regards the lawful and correct treatment of information as very important to successful operations, and to maintain confidence between service users, employees and those it serves. The role of the Information Compliance Manager is to ensure that our client complies with its legal obligations in respect to the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA), the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOI), the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR), the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR). They will undertake the role of the Data Protection Officer.
- Undertake the role of the Data Protection Officer, as mandated and outlined in the GDPR and DPA. To provide the clients with independent risk-based advice to support decision making in the appropriateness of processing personal (and other types of data) within the principles and rights laid down in legislation. To ensure the Service is legally compliant under associated legislation and is legally processing personal information.
- Provide bespoke advice, guidance and expertise to all levels of staff on data protection, FOIs, EIRs, data subject requests (to include the right to be informed, right of access, right to rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict processing,
- Right to data portability, right to object, and rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling), Reports, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR) and complaints.
- To be the single point of contact for the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) for all data protection matters. To ensure that the organisation has appropriate ICO registration in place (including assessing the cost). Accountable for ensuring an annual review, including amendments, for the organisation's Information Commissioners Office (ICO) notification(s).
- Lead, develop, implement and maintain an Information Compliance Policy covering procedures, assurance mechanisms and staff awareness.
- To maintain on-going personal development and knowledge of data protection laws, issues and developments. To horizon scan for new and updated legislation, ICO action or guidance, and government movements in respect of data protection
- Write and present formal and informal reports on all aspects of Information Compliance and Data Protection.
- Attend regional and national meetings and forums, develop good working relationships with local colleagues and ensure that best practice is continually implemented within the client shared with its partners. Provide specialist advice on data protection and security in respect of specific partnerships and escalate information risks to the SIRO and Deputy SIRO as and when appropriate.
- Responsible for the line management of the Information Compliance Officers including providing specialist training and support in data protection legislation, FOI, EIR, and Complaints
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted