Welwyn Garden City
Perm, Full Time
Up to £32,000 per annum, D.O.E
- Account managing and ownership of allocated suppliers, focusing on sales, cost, quality and delivery performance.
- Driving continuous improvement, increasing turnover and alleviating supply risk, on quality, cost reduction, and lead times, by monitoring supplier performance, through evaluation and analysis.
- Negotiating prices, shipping costs and creating supplier contracts, by building a rapport with suppliers through regular meetings.
- Completing accountability for monitoring and maintaining adequate stock levels, forecasting stock, ordering stock and raising purchase orders.
- Ensuring cost and selling prices are aligned, focusing on margins.
- Promoting the introduction of new products, opportunities and trends, through the continued awareness of the market, new products and competitors.
- Continual maintenance of data for stock items, including prices, minimum order quantities, descriptions, product data sheets, product information sheets, packaging data and general product information.
- Notifying customers of price increases using excel calculations to determine percentage increases, sales margin loss and system uploads.
- 20 Days holiday (rising to 25 after six months' service) plus bank holidays
- Opportunities to progress within the company dependent on skill and business requirement
- Company pension scheme (applicable after probationary period)
- Life insurance scheme
- Free on-site parking
Experience & Skill set required:
- Experience within the purchasing/procurement/logistics/import & export function
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to assess and interpret different types of data
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge, or ability to acquire rapidly, company systems, product and market knowledge
- Excellent IT skills covering Excel, Word, Outlook and CRM systems
- Ability to prioritise and adapt to changing workloads
- Sound numeracy skills
- Educated to C level or higher in English Language and Mathematics
- A willingness to increase product knowledge through training and education
- Highly self-motivated and driven to achieve targets
- The ability to take full responsibility of assigned tasks and projects
- Passionate in achieving results
- Impassioned about our business and what we represent
- A focused and structured approach to workload
If this role compliments your current skills and experience, please use the APPLY button to attach your CV. Tate WGC will be in touch by phone or email in the next 3 working days.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted