Role: Part Qualified Accountant
Location: North London (Office based)
Salary: Up to 48K DOE
We are seeking an Part Qualified Accountant to join our client, an award winning, boutique, full service, commercial accounting firm.
As an Accountant, you will work closely with a Senior Director and Accountant to manage your own portfolio of clients. The successful candidate will be someone who is able to complete all accounting requirements for businesses independently with experience in an accountancy practice environment. I am seeking someone personable and approachable who is happy to coach junior team members in due time.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Oversee portfolio of clients, core duties will include:
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts using CaseWare, knowledge of CaseWare preferrable but not essential.
- Preparation of corporation tax returns.
- Bookkeeping and management accounts using Xero, essential to have good knowledge Xero.
- VAT compliance.
- Coaching and training junior members of the team.
- Offer day to day advice and guidance to clients on VAT or accounting issues.
- Advising clients on accountancy systems and policies including implementation.
- Work closely with the Partners.
- Follow the firm's policies and procedures on all work to achieve high standards and deliver an excellent service to clients
- Adhere to firm's standards on independence and professional ethics
- Keep seniors, managers and partners regularly informed of activities, capacity, and progress on assignments to ensure that time is fully utilised
- Any other tasks in line with the responsibilities of the role
The successful candidate will be:
- Preferably be fully/part qualified ACCA / ACA / CIMA / AAT
- Ability to complete all accounting requirements for businesses independently (bookkeeping, VAT Returns, accounts preparation and review, personal tax returns, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Xero software package, with CaseWare and CCH experience (desirable)
- Good commercial acumen
- Excellent time management and priority setting
- Ability to communicate well with clients and understand their requirements
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search