Procurement Category Manager (Indirect)
Up to £50,000, car allowance and excellent benefits, including 25% annual bonus
Bedford - Part remote (1-2 days per week in the office)
As Procurement Category Manager, you will lead the category planning, strategic sourcing and management of spend (including supplier and contract management) for assigned category area(s), as determined by the Head of Procurement, in order to reduce the indirect purchasing spend, improve supplier performance and deliver more value.
As Procurement Category Manager, your responsibilities will include:
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Proactive leadership and accountability for all procurement activity and management of third party spend within your allocated categories
- Developing and managing the execution of the procurement plan and strategy for categories in scope
- Providing guidance, direction and strategic advice relating to procurement planning and execution
- Communication and management of relationship with external suppliers and partners both during procurement process and during the service delivery phase
- Forecasting and planning, including preparing the business case and reporting for complex procurement project support
- Minimise / eliminate spend through various activities - price, specification, usage, alternative solution, etc.
- Ensure supplier performance review meetings are undertaken by the budget holder on relevant suppliers
- Proactive engagement with the business to plan and support procurement activity, supplier relationships, performance management and contract management
- Collaborate with the International Procurement team, agreeing regional / local category splits and ensure successful execution of regional contracts within the UK business
Skills and experience:
- Negotiation and contracting skills and experience
- Ability to influence senior management, teams and individuals across multiple disciplines
- Stakeholder and supplier management
- Excellent communication skills
- Planning and organisation
- Think strategically and operationally
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven cost reduction results in a large-scale organisation
- Preferably Degree level and CIPS qualified to level 6
- Experience in managing Indirect Spend
- Direct category experience of one of our clients key spend areas - Property, Facilities, Fleet, IT, Marketing
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted