HSEQ Manager - Waste Management and Recycling
£45,000 - £55,000 and company car.
We're looking for an experienced HSEQ Manager to join a leading Waste Management and Recycling business in Northampton.
Reporting to the MD, you will be responsible for H&S of one site, but you'll also manage the relationship with a H&S consultancy for the other business division.
Industry experience is desirable, but this role would also suit a HSEQ Manager coming from any of the following sectors: construction, manufacturing, logistics or any business operating heavy/large machinery
Health & Safety
- Implement and maintain RAMS and H&S policy across the business.
- Stay on top of ever-changing legislation and ensure the business is compliant in a H&S capacity.
- Ensure you work in compliance with the company's Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure permitted sites are compliant with environmental permit conditions.
- Ensure that waste material is processed in accordance the waste management permit.
- Liaise with the Environment Agency on a range of matters, including processes and facility.
- Manage all Environment Agency/WEEE returns.
- Provide technical guidance to internal and external customers on their management of waste.
- Manage the development of plans and procedures related to environmental permits or material management plans
- Planning and scheduling site testing
Experience & Qualifications:
We are looking for someone with an understanding of making compliant waste movements, you will also have a good understanding of waste in a commercial sense along with permitting conditions.
Ideally, you will have experience with the Environment Agency and legalities around waste management, and a working knowledge of relevant legislation including Duty of Care, EPR and Hazardous Waste Regulations.
Candidates with a similar skill set from other industries will be considered.
WAMITB COTC (Certificate of Technical Competence) in Waste Management is highly desirable
IOSH / NEBOSH is essential
Strong analytical, problem solving, numeric and literacy skills
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted