My client is a specialist clinical negligence law firm, representing clients nationwide. They are currently seeking a part-time Compliance & Finance Administrator /COFA to join their wonderful offices in Blackfriars. This is a permanent role, paying the salary circa £65,000 pro rata (depending on experience and abilities) and looking to start as soon as possible working across 2/3 days per week - both from home and in the office.
The small law firm comprises of two fee-earners (a solicitor and a legal executive), each of whom works entirely remotely. Their practice area is almost entirely Claimant clinical negligence work and we have a growing caseload. They operate an entirely paperless practice and working environment.
They are looking for a COFA, to be responsible for all aspects of finance and administration within the firm.
This would include:
- Working with accountants on the annual accounts
- Monthly bookkeeping
- Working with accountants on client account audits
- Making monthly payroll, PAYE and related payments
- Arranging annual insurance renewals
- Managing office equipment purchases
- Managing office service agreements (e.g., remote reception service, IT, marketing etc.)
- Assisting the directors with reports, reviews and cash flow forecasting
- Making suitable arrangements for day-to-day incoming post scanning (currently we have a part time member of staff who does this)
- Liaising with outsourced IT department
- COFA (Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration) experience
- Experience in working within a legal environment
This opportunity is for a proactive individual with an ability to work in a highly organised fashion to a high level of accuracy, whilst also being confident handling confidential information and able to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
In return, you will have the opportunity to grow in, and shape, this role with my client, being encouraged, supported and rewarded for getting involved and taking on more and more responsibility over time.
This is a marvellous opportunity to work with a prestigious and reputable firm that is humble with a strong family feel. This opportunity is for an assertive self-starter.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search