An opportunity here for a Technically minded Sales Advisor who would embrace working for a forward thinking, progressive and innovative manufacturing business in Hitchin.
The business design and bring to market high quality, space saving internal door solutions, using a range of hardware and mechanical parts.
Your role here will be the dedicated product advisor handling pre and post-sale enquires directly with the customer on any imaginable enquiry from pricing through to product suitability, and helping trouble shoot root cause of any installation or usage problems that arise.
You will also assist with the order processing stage, acting as the go between the factory and logistics firms to ensure customers goods are received as expected, when expected.
Full product training will be provided, and you will have the internal support of the in-house Design and Engineering team and a brilliant Sales Manager to refer to, although we are calling on your technical aptitude to help you relate to the product, its purpose, and its potential future development.
Customer service or sales experience in industries such in Joinery, Mechanical, Engineering, Interior fit out or post build Construction could lend well.
Essentially, we are looking for you to bring:
- Excellent communication skills, able to pitch to both business clients and the public
- IT proficiency with MS Office (good knowledge of Excel is important)
- Numeracy skills, including basic mathematics of areas and measurements
- Minimum of basic technical awareness and preferably strong interest in technical matters
- Good decision-making skills and problem-solving skills
- Efficient, organised Admin and time management skills
- Sales, Sales order processing or B2B Customer Service experience
Additionally, one or more of these areas of experience:
- A Maths/Physics educational background/ or related Apprenticeship
- Experience of working within a Sales, Technical, Purchasing and/or Logistics environment relating to technical products, preferably in providing technical support to customers.
- AutoCAD / 3D drawing experience (training can be provided)
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment and ideally on doors or other joinery products
- Awareness of British and European standards and what they mean
- Experience of ERP/business software package
- Experience in estimating
Nice to know - what you can expect:
- Base salary between £26-£29,000 reflective of relevant experience
- A great employer, with super people and a brilliant product range to work with
- Attractive pension scheme
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays off + additional days off over Christmas shutdown
- Free parking
- Free Life insurance
- Relaxing break out area with vending machines, TV and wifi
- Profit related scheme annual bonus
- "Cycle to work" scheme
- Various perks
I hope this opportunity will have appeal to you and look forward to supporting with your application.
Although it's holiday season - we will be actively shortlisting and interviewing for this role during August. Please apply through the button here, attaching your CV.
Tate will contact you by phone or email.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted