Accounts Assistant Winchester (Outskirts) (£24/26k) Salary will depend on experience
Our unique client is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their busy and passionate team in their Finance Team based outside of Winchester. The ideal candidate will be a committed and dedicated team player, who is organised, diligent and efficient.
- Assisting with monthly financial reports
- Manage day to day banking and credit / charge card facilities
- Processing sales invoices, receipts, and payments
- Checking company bank statements
- Logging daily bank transfers, cash receipts and payments
- Logging and making daily bank payments, cash, cheque payments etc.
- Logging suppliers' invoices, refund & payments
- Handling and inputting petty cash expenses
- Day to day filing of work-related documents such as supplier invoices, bank advice etc.
- Assisting with the preparation of completing VAT returns
- Assisting with preparing invoices for the Inland Revenue
- Assisting with preparing profit and loss sheets for the annual accounts
- Reconciling of bank statements, suppliers account, customer, and merchant account
- Bank reconciliation
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Purchase and Sales ledger experience
- Nominal Ledger experience
- VAT Returns
- Bank Reconciliations
- Computer literate with Word, Excel & Databases (eg Access)
- Numerically literate to create accurate quotations
- Educated to at least A-level standard (or equivalent)
- 2/3 years' experience in accounts.
- Experience of working on Sage accounts
- Experience of working in multi-currency
- An ability to work quickly and accurately
- Good concentration with an eye for detail
- An ability to work to deadlines
- Good computer skills (especially with databases and financial software)
- To participate and become a team player in everything the company does
- · Discreet and honest
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Articulate and enthusiastic
- Organised and efficient
- Self-motivated and independent
- A team player
We need somebody who can work quickly and accurately, with a good eye for detail, you will need to be computer and numerically literate to create accurate quotations. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly and successful team.
Due to location of the office, driving licence and car is essential.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search