Hertfordshire County Council
Senior Administrative Support
£13.21 Per hour, Temporary, 3 months
Tate are currently working with Hertfordshire County Council, searching for SEND (Special Educational Needs & Disabilities) Senior Support officers to work within Children Services.
Are you looking to kick start a career within a local authority?
Are you passionate about people and providing outstanding levels of service?
Are you an experience administrator looking to learn and develop your current skill set? This opportunity can give you all the above and more... You will be joining them as a temporary colleague in the first instance with the potential for extension after 3 months.
Purpose of the position:
To support the SEND Team Manager to ensure that the work of the area SEND team is of a consistently high quality and meets all statutory timescales, performance outcomes and service standards.
Take responsibility for the preparation of information for parents, children, young people and schools, which provides the right information at the appropriate time, in a simple to use way, which engages partners in understanding what our responsibility is to children, families and schools
Your day-to-day role will include:
- You will be the first point of contact and advice for parents, schools and other stakeholders.
- Carrying out family conversations ensuring person centred approaches are used.
- Drafting Education Health and Care plans and chairing multi-agency meetings ensuring the principles of co-production are adhered to.
- Liaising with providers regarding arrangements for individual children.
- To develop and maintain professional, supportive working relationships with key staff in schools and other services in the locality.
- Attending and supporting any meetings carried out ensuring follow-up actions are carried out to a high level.
- To ensure written correspondence and records are accurate and up to date that reflects local and national requirements.
- To act as a named officer for a caseload of schools, bases and units to ensure an integrated working practice.
Skills & Experience required:
- Ability to demonstrate that you are passionate about delivering a high level of service through written and oral communication.
- A level or L3 qualification
- Experience of working either within a school or within SEND services
- Knowledge of Statutory responsibilities
- High level writing skills
- Excellent organisational skills and initiative (ability to work with minimal direction)
- Excellent customer service skills including resolving conflict or conflicting views, , ideally on the telephone in a query-based environment
- Experience of arranging/chairing and contributing to a range of meetings
- A flexible approach to your workload.
- Experience of working collaboratively and supportively within a team.
- Hold a current driving licence and have access to a vehicle for work.
You will be required to work Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm at full time hours of 37.5 per week. This is a hybrid position, working from home 2 days a week and 3 days onsite.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted