Senior Credit Controller - Manchester
Do you have experience in Credit Control? Do you want to take the next step in your career and take on leadership responsibilities? My client would love to speak to you!
My client is a leading civil barristers that has been established for over 70 years and has a work force of over 120 barristers across 3 chambers. They are currently seeking a Senior Credit Controller to join their chambers in the heart of Manchester. Reporting to the Fees Collection Manager, the Senior Credit Controller will be responsible for the following:
- The Senior Credit Controller will assist the Fee Collection Manager in reviewing the existing systems and make suggestions to develop them and ensure that the team adopt the changes.
- In association with the fee collection staff, to identify the aged debts which need attention and help to ensure that all members of chambers are given equal access to fee collection services.
- The Credit Controller will assist in preparation of documents to take legal action against bad debtors.
- The Credit Controller will assist in dealing with solicitors which have gone into administration ensuring that we liaise with the administrators and secure funds for work done.
- Respond to "POD'S" and negotiate fees.
- To examine debts and identify "at risk" solicitors and report to the Fee Collection Manager.
- To assist the Fee Collection Manager with staff training and initiatives.
- To meet with members of chambers and conduct aged debt reviews.
- To meet with problematic solicitors with a view to securing payment.
- Prepare reports on collections for the Fee Collection Manager.
- To assist the Fee Collection Manager with all aspects of credit control.
Personal qualities and knowledge
- Experienced Credit Controller - ideally having previously worked in a legal or professional services environment preferably with team leader experience.
- A certain maturity and level of confidence when dealing with external parties and operating in a small team environment is a definite prerequisite for this position.
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent administration skills are a must.
- The successful candidate must be able to work without supervision and will be comfortable taking the lead and dealing with complex cases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate confidently and efficiently in a corporate setting. The ability to develop and maintain strong internal relationships at all levels.
- Co-ordination and prioritisation of workflow, troubleshooting and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong level of IT literacy including common office systems (e.g., Excel, Word, email).
- Capacity to thrive in a small team environment and is a team player who gets on well with colleagues.
- Takes personal responsibility for delivering agreed objectives and takes professional pride in delivering a high-quality standard of service.
- Proven commercial track record.
- Willingness always to represent Chambers in the best possible light.
- Willing to learn new things to deal with a multi-faceted role.
- Willingness to travel to meet with solicitors when necessary (expenses will be covered under expenses policy)
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search