Southampton- 5 days a week in office
Salary between £31,322 - £37,474
Tate are proud to be working in partnership with the University of Southampton - a top 100 University in the world and top 15 in the UK - to recruit a permanent Contracts Manager to join their procurement team.
As a member of this busy, friendly team you will have a previous background within procurement and experience of working with suppliers to drive exceptional contractual performance, a compliant delivery of services and delivering value for money through contract management.
The relationship the University holds with its suppliers is key to success of the delivery of these contracts and your ability to build trusting and open conversations vital. You will be aligned to several key categories across the University who utilise these contracts and you will be responsible for arranging and chairing regular review meetings with them, looking for service improvements or enhancements and managing performance. Part of this role will also include the implementation of new contracts and ensuring that all parties involved are aware of the service and how to access this.
This permanent role will be located on site at the University. A pilot for blended home and on site working is being trailed with a view to offering a more flexible working model.
Key Accountabilities are:
- Undertake supplier relationship management for strategically important contracts through regular reviews with supplier account managers. It is expected that each Sourcing & Supplier Contract Manager will manage approx. 20-30 contracts with total value of £30-50m
- Use knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations to drive compliance with legislation
- Deliver the University strategy for purchasing. Ensure you are motivated and able to deal with difficult stakeholders maintaining a professional approach at all times
- Escalate serious performance matters to the senior sourcing and supplier contracts manager
- Work with the wider procurement team to ensure appropriate measures are included in tender documents
- Use knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations to drive compliance with legislation,Financial Regulations and deliver the University strategy for purchasing. Ensure you are motivated and able to deal with difficult stakeholders maintaining a professional approach at all times.
- Ensure buying compliance across the University through contract spend analysis, minimising contract leakage
- Prepare management information and demonstrate the detailed benefits realisation from contract delivery
- Maintain appropriate documentation and work with Legal Services to ensure supplier performance
- Drive compliance with catalogues ensuring that they are driving best practice and lean business processes
- Support the Senior Sourcing and Supplier Contract Manager in developing contract management best practice to drive continuous improvement and Value for Money from contracts
- The University offer a competitive salary and benefits package and an environment where your ideas and contribution to success are welcomed
If you hold a MCIPS qualification and an up to date working knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations, please ensure this is evident on your CV
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search