An energetic, engaging, and ambitious Assistant Accountant is required to join a highly respected life science business based in Newmarket. As a qualified Assistant Accountant you will pay a key role in supporting the financial controller. We are looking for a personable and flexible individual who has a high level of knowledge and is maybe two or three years into their accounting career.
Within this role you will not be tied to a tightly structured career path; instead, this business focuses on creating an environment where you can make your own decisions and take on more responsibility as you prove yourself so you can develop naturally and advance quickly. They encourage independent thinkers who challenge the status quo and never accept the markets or the company's "usual way of doing things". If you can find smarter ways of delivering excellent results every day, that's amazing.
As Assistant Accountant you will ultimately be responsible for:
- Working alongside the Financial Controller on the month end process and creating month end reports. This includes:
- Sales reconciliation
- Accruals and payments preparation
- P&L analysis
- Assisting with the review of the Coupa purchasing system including areas such as:
- Pending invoice approvals
- Orders outstanding
- Checking general ledger coding is correct
- Credit control and aged debt management
- Cash-flow projections
- Supporting the interim financial auditing process
- Adhoc finance related tasks including.
- Setting up the expenses portal
- Monitoring client information request
- ONS survey
- Participation in internal group projects
The ideal Assistant Accountant candidate will need to be:
- Recently AAT level 3 qualified
- Proven experience within a similar role
- Excellent Excel skills
- To be able to interpret large amounts of financial data
- To be ambitious and want to grow with the business
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- To be confident and likes to use your own initiative
Working Monday to Friday, you will be based in Newmarket. The right candidate can expect to receive a salary up to £25,000 plus a great benefits package. This is a Hybrid working role and will involve both office and home-based working.
If you have the experience to match the requirements, please apply now to Neil Copping. I will respond to all applications within 2 working days.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search