£17 - £20 per hour (depending on experience)
Full time, 18 months (until May 2023)
Tate are currently recruiting for temporary Resource Planner for a 18-month contract within a large established and sustainable energy company. The role will be based in Reading, though some remote working will be flexible, it will be expected for the candidate to attend meetings and the office occasionally.
To manage the allocation of business resources for all transformation activities including Project, Programmes and Continuous Improvement to include business, IT, industry and regulatory change across Business Energy. To work across the transformation activities to define, validate, forecast, schedule and report on the provision of business resources across relevant project and programme.
In conjunction with the Change Lead and senior managers across BE you will be expected to create, manage and socialise a Resource plan to provide forecast clarity of business resources required to support the transformation activity. Establish the resourcing process, tools, approvals process and reporting, as well as key points of contact:
- Capture the requirements by transformation activity: Capability - skills, business knowledge etc; activity - deliverables, input and scope and timeframe - start/end date, time allocation.
- Validate the requirement: Source - determine source of the resource (business internal/external); provision - permanent/secondment/interim; funding - backfill requirement/cross-charge and manage the approval process
- Schedule the resources - working with the business units, manage the scheduling of resources against the forecast.
- Forecast - define a rolling forecast by business unit. Reference the requirement, source, provision, funding, approvals and progress against scheduling.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on resource forecasting against the transformation activity programme.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of Business Energy organisational structure(s)
- Has an understanding of Project and programme structures
- A sound understanding of networks within BE and wider SSE group
- Understanding of the SSE Governance Frameworks
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Experience of Project and portfolio management
- Excellent Stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Good facilitation skills - enables people to reach agreement and develop work practices - challenges the business and strives to agree best practice.
- Ability to work with all levels within the organisation, including senior management.
- Ability to create and manage a complex schedule
- Have experience of planning and organising multiple work activities and events
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Be able to track and manage a high number of events simultaneously effectively and accurately.
- Reacts to programme adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office.
To be successful in this role, personal attributes below are a must:
- Calm, organised and efficient in organising events and workshops.
- Delivery focussed and can deal with ambiguity.
- Able to build and retain strong and credible relationships.
- Able to confidently facilitate meetings. Has proven experience of influencing and negotiating effectively at all levels, demonstrates excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Able to identify and resolve issues and risks, with problem solving and action planning skills. Organised approach.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Be highly motivated and able to work without supervision.
- Have a flexible approach with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Show awareness of both personal and corporate safety practices.
- Extremely organised, with the ability to work on multiple activities with tight timescales.
- Excellent planning and time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Able to communicate effectively with anyone, including senior management.
If you have the required experience and skill set and are immediately available, please apply ASAP!
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted