We are delighted to be supporting the HITCHIN BID in their search for a Events and Marketing Manager (part time).
Within this role you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of Hitchin's town centre events and promotional activities aimed at attracting people into Hitchin Town. As well as coming up with great new ideas and planning for future town centre events.
You will be organising, enabling and delivering the Hitchin BID events as well as the design, print and delivery of all events promotional materials. This role requires managing the events and promotions budget.
You will need to have previous events management experience and be passionate about Hitchin.
The Events and Marketing Managers responsibilities will include:
- Deliver the Hitchin BID events calendar including major and street day events.
- Review and production of annual and regular events with a view to making improvements.
- Produce publicity material for each event.
- Manage the events and promotions budget and cash flow.
- Oversee and manager the Hitchin Bids social media platforms to include Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Including devising and delivery of effective social media campaigns
- Managing events days (this will include some weekend work)
- Bring in additional income from sources such as sponsorship, pitch hire and adverts in line with the events and promotions forecast.
- Look at other income streams such as website advertising, show window hire and vehicle sponsorship.
- Liaise with businesses on a daily basis to keep them in the loop with events and promotional activities and opportunities.
- Act as an ambassador for the town centre in assisting and advising businesses and the public.
- Produce events management plans and risk assessments where necessary
- Collect and analyse data, prepare reports, generate schedules and track issues and follow up.
The Ideal Events and Marketing Manager candidate will need:
- Previous events management experience
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be passionate about Hitchin
- Ability to develop good working relationships.
- Good administrative skills.
- Positive outlook, friendly and open.
- 'Hands-on' and practical approach.
- Knowledge and understanding of providing a good quality customer service.
- Knowledge of Hitchin town centre, and experience of working with local authorities
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE HITCHIN BID, SEND ALL APPLICATION VIA THE RELEVANT JOB BOARD.
Working Tuesday to Thursday this is a part time time role, working 22.5 hours a week. Plus it will involve some occasional weekend work. The right candidate can expect to receive a salary of £15,000 plus a benefits package.
If you have the experience to match the requirements, please apply now to Neil Copping. I will respond to all applications within 2 working days.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search