Hitchin has a fantastic reputation for putting on amazing community, cultural, culinary and family based events. The team that are responsible for these events are now searching for an energetic, engaging, experienced and creative individual to coordinate and shape their events program.
As the (Part-Time) Events and Marketing Coordinator you will be responsibility for the day-to-day running of Hitchin town centre events and promotional activities working for the Hitchin Bid. You will be responsible for organising, enabling and delivering the Hitchin BID events as well as the design, print and delivery of all promotional materials.
As the Events and Marketing Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Delivering the Hitchin BID events calendar including major and street day events.
- Reviewing the annual and regular events with a view to making future enhancements
- The production of publicity and marketing materials for each event.
- The production the Hitchin annual events calendar.
- Managing the events and promotions budget
- With support from staff and contractors, oversee the Our Hitchin social media platforms to include Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Devising and implementing effective social media campaigns
- Drive event revenue from sources such as sponsorship, pitch hire and adverts in line with the events and promotions forecast.
- Liaise with businesses on a daily basis to keep them in the loop with events and promotional activities and opportunities.
- Act as an ambassador for the town centre in assisting and advising businesses and the public.
- Cover the 'Front of House' role in the Information Centre as and when required
- Produce events management plans and risk assessments where necessary
- Improve administration processes by identifying efficiency's and recommending solutions.
- Organise, attend and contribute to events and promotions related team and group meetings.
- Collect and analyse data, prepare reports, generate schedules and track issues and follow up.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience within a similar type of role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The Ability to develop good working relationships.
- Good administrative skills.
- A positive outlook, friendly and open.
- 'Hands-on' and practical approach.
- The ability to identify problems and initiate appropriate action,
- The ability to prepare clear and concise reports, updates and notes relating to the day to day operational activities.
This is a part-time role working 22.5 hours per week. You will be required to work some weekends as most events are held over the weekend. On average this would be one weekend per month. When events aren't happening your hours would be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (some flexibility is available). You can expect to receive a salary of £15,000. Plus a benefits package.
If you have the experience to match the requirements, please apply now to Neil Copping. I will respond to all applications within 2 working days.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search