Head of Finance
A very well established FE provider, who are passionate about the success of their students is currently recruiting for a Head of Finance to join them on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for managing the provision of an effective and efficient Finance business partnering service to support the vision and mission of the organisation.
Reporting to the CFO the Head of Finance will deliver key projects and lead Financial system developments to improve service levels within the team.
- Deputising as required for the Chief Finance Officer with regards to financial matters.
- Providing distributed leadership to the finance team in accordance with policies and procedures
- Ensuring that all finance team members are managed, appraised and developed to meet service needs.
- Ensuring a robust finance business partnering model is implemented which meets the needs of the organization.
- Managing the preparation of the annual budget revenue and capital presentation to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Managing the preparation of the three-year budget revenue and capital for presentation to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Preparing the monthly management accounts for presentation to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Monitoring the financial position of all cost centres on a monthly basis and provide support to budget managers.
- Recommending efficiency savings to be made within the college working where appropriate
- with other staff from other college disciplines.
- Preparing investment appraisals for capital investment programme for Chief Finance Officer and the senior leadership team.
- Managing and completing the year-end financial accounts for presentation to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Ensuring that the Treasury Management Policy is regularly reviewed and that an annual treasury strategy is prepared and implemented
- Ensurinh that quarterly VAT returns are submitted on a timely basis and that all other tax returns and taxation matters are dealt with effectively and in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Acting as the main contact point for internal and external auditors.
- Maintain a rolling schedule of implementation of audit recommendations.
To be successful in your application, it is ESSENTIAL that candidates possess the following:
- Degree of relevant qualification
- A member of recognised CCAB organisation
- Experience working in a FE setting
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search