Finance Officer - Sales Ledger - 3 Month Contract
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Finance Officer to join a well-established further education provider on a 3 month contract.
Reporting to the Sales Ledger Supervisor, the main purpose of the role will be to carry out credit control and sales ledger functions along with cashiering duties on behalf of the company and its subsidiary companies.
To raise invoices and encourage debtors to pay within the company's credit terms by organising reminders and ensuring that any overdue debts are pursued in accordance with college policies to minimise bad debts.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring the Sales Ledgers are updated with payment and query information on a continuous basis and that all receipts have been correctly accounted for.
- Documenting and resolving queries by liaising with the invoice originator and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Reconciling customer accounts with customer's own records.
- Sending reminders to encourage payment within our credit terms.
- Maintaining detailed files of all communications with debtors (current and historic).
- Receiving instructions from departments to collect income.
- Raising the appropriate invoices on E-Financials and dispatch to customer (this includes all sources of income e.g. Fees, Full Cost Recovery, contracts etc.)
- Ensuring that the correct cost codes and account codes are used.
- Raising credit notes and input authorized notes to E-Financials.
- Collecting all relevant paperwork for Credit Notes as and when required, for all Ledgers, and issue accordingly.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates must have the following:
- Minimum NVQ level 2 education or equivalent
- Experience of debt recovery
- Experience of working in a financial environment
- Good level of skill and knowledge of the use of Excel and Word
- AAT qualified would be advantageous
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search