Finance Director, Up to £75,000 - Newmarket - Part remote
Our client is an award-winning company providing routine analytical Environmental services and bespoke specialist testing throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe.
They are looking for a CIMA/ACCA qualified Finance Director to join them during this period of significant growth.
Working closely with the Managing Director, you will ensure that the business strategy is financially stress tested and challenged, integrated into the budgeting and forecasting processes and tracked/delivered against appropriate financial review mechanisms. You will work closely with the National Service Centre, where transactional accounting and general ledger accounting tasks are performed, and you will drive and influence the strategic direction of the future business.
Finance Director responsibilities:
- Work with the Managing Director and Executive team to develop a short / medium / long term strategic financial plan to underpin business performance and delivered in line with financial controls required to run an efficient business.
- Provide the Executive and Leadership team with advice and support on the financial implications of business activities and support planning initiatives through robust financial data, management information, analysis, reports and recommendations.
- Ensure timely and accurate production of monthly and annual reporting alongside National Service Centre Financial Controller and Shared Service Centre in Poland.
- Ensure forecasting is up to date and accurate reflection of the current outlook of business performance with strong attention to detail on revenue, gross margin costs and personnel costs over that same period.
- Responsible for co-ordinating and producing the annual budget pack and analysis in preparation to present to Group for review and approval.
- Monitor cash-flows, accounts and other financial transactions.
- Lead, empower, develop and mentor the Finance team and purchasing teams.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to drive the business forward.
- Represent the business and support any new finance initiatives and projects driven internally or externally by the National Service Centre.
- Oversee and be responsible alongside the National Service Centre Financial Controller for the annual statutory audit.
- Review and drive internal controls to ensure financial systems and processes are robust, compliant and support the needs of the business and minimise financial risk to the business.
- Manage in liaison with Group: Company insurance, company cars, company pensions and life cover, company tax matters including VAT.
- Support and challenge sales and commercial activities of the business.
- Project work as necessary.
Skills and experience:
- Professional qualified at CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent.
- Proven work experience - Finance & Business Management.
- Strong understanding of financial regulations, compliance, and accounting principles.
- Commercial awareness.
- Experience of fast changing work environments.
- Highly motivated and desire for implementing change.
- Excellent people management skills; experience in leading change and management of multiple work streams
- Leadership: inspire passion, to achieve excellent performance and empower teams
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search