Hertfordshire County Council
£10.84 per hour
6 month contract, 37 hours per week
We are pleased to be working with the Hertfordshire County Council in their search for a new Billing Officer! The role will firstly be based at home after some training in the office and then will return to the office for 2, possibly 3, days a week in the near future.
They are looking for someone to start ASAP and hit the ground running so if the below information suits your skills and vision apply now!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the creation of pupil records for tuition and ensemble membership.
- Ensure that tuition and ensemble membership records are kept up to date and accurate to enable termly invoicing within the Paritor Ensemble system.
- Check all registers and teacher's claims for hours worked, raise any adjustments and credits as required, and manage pupil leaver's notifications and final billing.
- Manage the resolution of queries and complaints raised by customers by investigating all relevant background information, and where necessary, liaise with the Teacher, Area Head, or Business Support Manager to implement a satisfactory resolution.
- Manage the debtors for schools and centres, work with SERCO to minimise debts, and promptly refer to the Business Support Manager and Area Head when tuition must be terminated due to debt.
- Produce detailed reports from Paritor Ensemble to guide the Business Support Manager in the daily management of the business.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, with clear communication both verbal and written, delivered remotely and in face to face situations.
- Great problem-solving skills with an aptitude to investigate beyond the initial problem to identify other implications, often financial.
- Exceptional administrative skills to ensure your work is precise, streamline and consistent.
- Experienced in organising and managing your workload in order to work autonomously on multiple customer queries at any one time.
- Must be numerate and literate, able to perform financial calculations, create documentation and send customer correspondence.
- Comprehensive IT skills with the ability to quickly learn how to use new systems.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search