Customer Service Advisor - Hertfordshire County Council - Welwyn Garden City
If there was ever an opportunity to kick-start or further enrich your customer service career, this is it. Becoming a Customer Service Advisor with Hertfordshire County Council provides a great full-time Temp to Perm role, with a company that is dedicated to offering you career progression opportunities.
We are looking for someone with excellent people skills, listening skills and communication techniques to be the first point of contact for our customers at Hertfordshire County Council. This position is perfect for you if you'll enjoy helping people and get job satisfaction problem solving for them. We'll value your strong data entry skills and confidence to enter information quickly and accurately, while working well as part of our team.
If you always put the customer first and have a passion for helping people and creating an outstanding customer experience, then you could be the perfect fit for this role of Customer Service Advisor at Hertfordshire County Council. Your natural problem-solving and people skills will be highly valued by your customers, team mates and manager in this role.
You will have:
- The ability and motivation to work to set key performance indicators (KPls) and performance targets
- The ability to work well under pressure, manage your own workload, and have the ability to prioritise the tasks that are the most important
- The ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work across multiple tasks within required deadlines
- Excellent communication - oral and written and a good telephone manner
- Excellent listening skills
- An ability to be empathetic to the customer
- Have a natural desire and passion to help customers and come to an efficient resolution with an ownership of the customer's problem
- Ability to work between multiple operating systems
- Basic computer literacy and keyboard skills
- A good knowledge of basic Microsoft Word, Excel and familiarity with using the internet
As a Customer Service Advisor you will be:
- Efficient and accurate in your work
- Positive and approachable in your manner
- A good team player
- Enthusiasm to develop your skills and knowledge
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas and processes
In this role you will:
- Complete telephony, digital and admin-based tasks to service customer queries
- Provide an outstanding service experience to customers by managing various inbound queries that could relate to anything specific to the business, team and/or sector you're working in
- Completing accurate and efficient input of sales orders within agreed SLA's and responding to delivery enquires.
- Communicating with the Customer Account Managers, buyers and other internal partners on customer order enquires.
- Assessing customer needs and making pro-active recommendations. Upsell and cross sell where possible
- Undertake a range of administrative duties, filing, faxing, scanning and photocopying and deal with all general matters including, correspondence, invoices and timesheets according to local procedures
- Occasional Reception cover during times of Sickness or Annual Leave.
- A strong customer service background,
- Confident in dealing with phone-based customer enquiries across internal and external customers with the ability to multi task and prioritise resource to achieve the business goals.
- Competency in using and managing computer databases, call management systems and spreadsheets.
- An excellent telephone manner with some exposure of customer evaluation and satisfaction surveys.
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge across software packages such as Microsoft Office.
So, if you've got the skills to shine in the role of Customer Service Advisor at Hertfordshire County Council then we want to hear from you today.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted