Brighton & Hove City Council
£10.01 per hour
3 months - likely to extend
Responsible for a range of clerical and administrative functions to support the development and delivery of work undertake by the Healthy Lifestyle Team.
- To undertake administration and clerical tasks including data management, word processing, mail outs,scanning, minutes, answering the telephone and recording messages, filing, e-mailing, rotas, and ordering of office supplies and equipment stocks as required.
- Act as first point of contact for enquires and provide relevant information for members of the public, partners agencies and colleagues, both on the telephone, via email and in person.
- Identify, set up and manage manual and electronic records and management systems, including team contact list and databases.
- Process invoices, purchase orders and credit notes within council financial procedures using the Finance Information System and create new creditor and debtor accounts as required.
- To maintain accurate financial records relating to the payment process and investigate queries on behalf of budget holders and suppliers.
- Provide Duty Cover in the office during hours worked as required to support the personal safety of the Healthy Lifestyles Team, following lone working policies and procedures.
- To process and monitor income from Healthy Lifestyle Team activities, including cash handling and telephone payments, adhering to banking procedures.
- To communicate effectively with colleagues, partners and members of the public to foster good working relationships to enable an efficient service delivery.
- Handle confidential and sensitive data in an appropriate manner and adhere to data protection and confidentiality policies.
- Arrange and co-ordinate meetings and hospitality for visitors and guests and provide support to training programmes, events and activities, including the administration of bookings, as and when required.
- To deal with enquires, complaints and issues professionally,effectively and efficiently, using initiative to resolve them.
- Provide administrative support across the Healthy Lifestyles Team as required and in agreement with line manager.
job Related Education, Qualifications and Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant ICT packages and their use within the administration function
- Education to at least GSCE/O Level standard in English and Mathematics
- Knowledge of data protection and confidentiality procedures Experience
- Experience of working in a team and ability to function as an effective and supportive team member.
- Experience of working with the public and ability to communicate in a polite, friendly and helpful manner in person, in writing and on the telephone.
- Experience of working with the public and partner services in delivering a service.
- Significant experience of general administration work and knowledge of routine office procedures and relevant technology (filing, record keeping, mail merges etc).Skills and Abilities
- Able to use own initiative where necessary to solve problems and enquires.
- Ability to produce accurate work.
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate several work related tasks or activities
- Ability to be flexible in an ever changing work environment
- Excellent numerical skills to administer financial systems and process, e.g., undertake banking, timesheets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to exchange information take, minutes at non-complex meetings and communicate effectively in person, by telephone and in writing.
- Excellent literacy and monitoring skills to undertake a variety of tasks, e.g. maintain records, running annual leave diaries, monthly overtime and sickness returns
- Excellent keyboard, IT skills, e.g. to create and work with spreadsheets and databases to access, input, retrieve data to produce straightforward, routine reports, input/update personal information/financial data, mail merges and produce documents and correspondence using word processing applications.
- Ability to co-operate and adhere to Health and Safety Policy, practices and instructions.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY!
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted