Reward Specialist - Up to £55,000, car allowance and excellent benefits - part remote
We have an exciting opportunity for an experience Reward Specialist to join a global business, leader in their industry. Head office is based In Bedford and this role will be part remote (2 days per week in the office).
Reporting to the Head of Reward and Pensions, you will support delivery of the UK Reward Strategy during a time of significant change in the business. Demonstrating a commercial outlook, the ability to see the bigger picture and to bring the outside in, you will play an active part in producing the annual reward plan and the design, development and successful execution of a broad range of reward activities and projects. You will be comfortable working at pace, often in a rapidly changing environment where the context is shifting and sometimes ambiguous. Building relationships both internally and externally and the ability to communicate with clarity will be key in order to create strong Reward awareness across the HR and Leadership teams.
As Reward Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- To work collaboratively with key stakeholders, primarily the HR Business Partners, the People Services Team and Senior Leaders within the HR Function to influence, upskill, educate and seek input so that the Reward and Recognition initiatives you design and deliver are fit for purpose, meet business needs, are cost-effective and valued and understood. Lead and participate in Reward projects with stakeholder groups.
- Working closely with the HR Service Team, ensure the excellent execution of the "business as usual" Reward activity e.g. pay review, annual bonus outturn, bonus invitation and all associated communications and have a continuous improvement mindset with regards to these processes.
- Provide advice and guidance on pay structures, job evaluation and specialist reward areas, including benchmarking of reward and benefits when required. Use market research/insight to ensure our offering is competitive, make recommendations and inform any future changes, whilst balancing affordability.
- Communicate and help embed a culture of ongoing recognition aligned to the company values. Monitor use of the recognition platform and provide regular insight to the Senior Leadership Team on how our people are using recognition and how the business values are being interpreted.
- Develop long-term plans to enhance and differentiate the employee benefits offering aligned to reward strategy and business purpose. This includes the management of all salary sacrifice schemes, employee discounts and voluntary benefits. Also work closely with the pensions team to ensure that the company pension and group insured benefits are communicated and understood as part of the overall benefits offering
- Take the lead in defining the company's approach to Health and Well-being and work as part of a cross-functional team to ensure that this is delivered consistently across the business
- Research and procure, when required and appropriate, new benefits or suppliers that enhance the offering to employees and work with the procurement team to ensure a robust selection process and strong SLAs are in place. Aligned to this, build effective working relationships with external suppliers to ensure you are getting the best available offering and value for money for existing benefits
- Support the Head of Reward in managing the departmental budget, ensuring that costs are budgeted and tracked
Skills and experience:
- Experienced Reward practitioner who takes a hands-on approach, works with a significant degree of independence and under minimal supervision.
- Ability to articulate Reward principles and concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Experienced in the use of job evaluation methodologies, preferably the Willis Towers Watson Global Grading System.
- Knowledge of Workday would be helpful
- Genuine passion for the delivery of reward initiatives that support business values and purpose.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Highly motivated with a strong continuous improvement mindset.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search