Hertfordshire County Council
£10.01 per hour
3 month Temp opportunity
Monday to Friday, 9-5
The Income and Payments Team is responsible for implementing the client contribution charging policies by gathering financial information from service users and applying a charge. As well as recording and monitoring residential deferred payment debit the team provides an advice and debt management service for HCS budget holders.
The team provides a payment and monitoring service to support the HCS care management teams with the provision of care. The team also assists with the management of appointee and deputy funds.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- To deliver financial support, undertake administrative tasks and to carry out transactional processes accurately and efficiently within the team as required.
- To support the provision of timely, accurate and business focussed financial information to all stakeholders, including finance colleagues, HCS Managers, service users and care providers making use of standard IT packages to produce basic reports.
- To assist in the promotion of best financial practice and compliance with the relevant accounting, statutory and Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) financial regulations and procedures.
- To demonstrate an understanding of basic finance polices and to respond promptly, bring to the attention of the relevant finance officer, any emerging issues within allocated areas of work.
- To liaise and work closely with colleagues across Health & Community Services to assist in the delivery of efficient and effective financial service dealing with payments, charging, client finances and debt.
- To respond in a business-like and customer focussed manner to queries from the public, care providers or other stakeholders in relation to the services for which the team is responsible.
- To support the accurate and timely processing and recording of financial data and maintenance of financial records and to assist in the production of financial management information to meet the needs of the Finance Business Partner for HCS, making use of standard IT packages to produce basic reports.
- To contribute to the identification and realisation of both service improvement and increased efficiency, including the use of new technology.
- To support the development of the team's understanding and delivery of the Council's equalities and diversity agenda.
- The duties and responsivities listed above describe the post as it is at present. The post holder is expected to accept any reasonable alterations that may from time to time be necessary.
- To contribute to the development of the team's understanding and delivery of the council's equalities and diversity agenda.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of financial processes and procedures and the ability to explain financial matters in clear, understandable terms to members of the public and non-finance staff within Health & Community Services, providing reports when necessary. You will be competent at keeping accurate manual and computer records which you will be able to interpret. You will demonstrate the ability to work to and apply all relevant policies and procedures.
You will possess good IT skills and experience of working with large data bases is desirable as well as a good knowledge of Microsoft office applications especially excel. Knowledge of SAP would also be beneficial.
You will have 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade C and above or equivalent.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY!
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted