Health and Safety Officer - Bardon nr Leicester (home-based with some travel).
Must be a member of a Health and Safety body i.e., IOSH and hold a current First Aid certificate, Fire Marshal Certificates, current MHE Certificates and full UK Drivers licence
£35,000 plus benefits with the opportunity to study towards achieving NEBOSH
We're working in partnership with a well-known global brand, market leaders in their industry.
We're looking for a Health and Safety Officer with at least 2 years proven experience to help support the promotion of Health and Safety by providing a professional, efficient, value adding and confidential function to the Health and Safety Team and right across the business.
You will be help and assist the Health and Safety Manager in the production and management of a detailed H&S Manual including continuous promotion of safe working practices, H&S Legal compliance and maintaining the preventative management schedules.
As Health and Safety Officer, your key Responsibilities will be:
- To support the Operations Team and Facilities Team in all sites in and around the UK
- Assist the H&S Manager to create, implement and maintain health and safety policies in accordance with the latest legislation and to ensure that these policies are implemented by management and employees.
- To assist the Health and Safety Manager in providing appropriate Health and Safety training. Also, to act as a Key point of contact should an employee have a query or concern regarding the safety of the workplace.
- Assist the Health and Safety Manager in conducting and participating in internal and external Health and Safety Audits.
- Assist the Health and Safety Manager to maintain the companies OHSAS 18001 certification and to demonstrate a clear understanding of the standard.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of all the health and safety legislation, Codes Of
- Practice and Approved Codes of Practice (ACOPS) and ensure business units comply.
- To support the H&S Manager to develop and provide with Health & Safety training to all Manager and staff.
- Monitor compliance of day-to-day Health and Safety regulatory requirements and flag issues/concerns, and where appropriate escalating to a Senior Manager for investigation and, if required, disciplinary action.
- In conjunction with HR, ensure that employee records correctly show personal details in relation to accidents and near misses.
- Assist the Health and Safety Manager in the Management of Road Risk (MORR),Accident /Incident investigation and reporting.
- Assist the H&S Manager in Planning, Organising, Participating, and rolling out Staff Wellbeing Events, Staff Health Surveillance and Safety Inspections at all Sites.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills by communicating with Regulators (HSE), various EHOs, Insurance Accident Investigators and Departmental Managers.
- Participate in staff consultation forums on Health and Safety matters.
- Maintain and update the Safety Organiser a Health and Safety management system.
- Will be expected to conduct and document various Risk Assessments,
- Must be competent in Managing Contractors and Employers' Liability claims
- Ensure Legal Compliance with Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and other
- related health and safety Legislation
- Assist the Health and Safety Manager in maintaining the Health and Safety Legal Register.
- Maintain a good knowledge of Health & Safety in the workplace and be able to provide sound H&S advice to all UK staff including attending personal development events and maintaining a log of continuous personal development.
- Complete and monitor RIDDOR reports, liaising with the HSE and other external parties
- as required.
- Work with the Corporate Health and Safety team to ensure Group reporting standards are met.
- Must be a member of a Health and Safety body i.e., IOSH and hold a current First Aid certificate, Fire Marshal Certificates, current MHE Certificates and full UK Drivers licence
- Provide a general administrative support to the Health and Safety Manager, always
- ensuring DPA, DDA, Bribery Act and other appropriate legislation is adhered to.
- To be able to support the H&S Manager is assessing the Home Workers, Display Screen Users, Lone Workers, Night Shift workers, New and Expecting mothers and carry out other health surveillance as required
If interested, please apply to the advert and we will be in touch.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted