A North Herts/multi-site Manufacturer is looking to bring an additional HR Advisor into the business.
This new position could provide a long-term career opportunity for someone looking to develop and expand on their current HR experience.
The HR department here provide on-site support directly to workers and line managers advising on policies and procedures to ensure best practice exists, maximise opportunities to business performance and eliminate risk.
The workforce demographic consists of a wide range of personnel from Senior Management, to office staff and manual workers based at your location and on other sites in the UK.
The business is structured and professional, staff retention generally strong and the HR department are a close, collaborative team, offering an open door policy to workers. HR here is strategically and closely involved in the business to help the organisation achieve its goals, while encouraging training, development, well-being and retention of their workforce.
The scope of this role is /could grow to be extensive and provides options to you depending on your career experience to date.
HR Graduates with some previous relevant practical HR experience are welcome to apply on the basis they can learn and evolve to broaden experience into this role.
For a more experienced candidates, your HR skills and experience can be put to good use.
The business is specifically looking for someone with good analytical skills, who can use Excel confidently to create and analyse data.
In this role you can expect to:
- Support and train line managers on best practice policies and procedures.
- Compile payroll data and reports
- Escalate complex matters to Senior HR or external legal advisors
- Coordinate recruitment activities, both in-house and using agencies
- Advising and mentoring with disciplinary, grievance and absence procedures
- Acting and referring on welfare issues
- Completing occupational health medical admin
- Coordinating training requirements
- Maintaining personnel records, HR database and data protection compliance
- Monitoring absence records
- Collating KPI data and analysing using Excel
- You'll be able to bring a minimum of 2 years of generalist HR activities within a manufacturing (or similar) environment.
- Be a confident user of Microsoft office and have good IT systems experience.
- Bring confident experience of Excel (analysis of data is essential for this role)
- If you have experience of working with Trade Unions, this would be an advantage.
- Have a min. Foundation Certificate in Human Resource Practice
- Role-modelling a 'can-do' positive attitude at all times.
- Have high levels of resilience and able to respond well under pressure.
- A confidential and flexible approach to your work and the ability to influence to get great results through working in collaboration with the Site management team and in line with Company ethics.
- Have high ethical standards
This new appointment is ready to start in September. Applications are being taken immediately, with shortlisted candidates meeting Tate via a video call in the first instance.
Please use the APPLY button to attach your CV and look out for a phone call or email shortly regarding your application.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted