Editor - Eastleigh - £25,000 - Hours 9-5pm Monday to Friday
We are looking for an Editor with at least two years of editorial experience, ideally working on magazines, for a lovely charity based in the Eastleigh area.
Whether you are a recent graduate who has completed an internship as an Editor, or you have extensive editorial experience, and would just like to work with great people in a friendly environment where the people are at the heart of everything they do, this could be the role for you.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- In-depth knowledge of SEO and social media best practices.
- A creative thinker with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- To effectively develop, implement and monitor the media, PR, and publications strategy to raise the local and national profile through the use of available resources
- To collaborate with the Marketing Team to ensure that marketing and communications functions are complementary
- Select articles for issues and plan publication contents
- Design the contents of publications based on the company's publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing specifications
- Research and authenticate facts, dates, and statistics
- Evaluate and approve design proofs submitted by the media room before publication production
- Recommend stories and produce headline ideas to attract our target audience
- Ensure that all feature articles comply with ethical codes of practice and legal guidelines.
Essential skills and experience
- Degree level qualification or equivalent, preferably in a communication-related subject
- Ideally, at least 2 years experience working within a similar role
- Proven and demonstrable experience in working with a wide range of media, developing media strategies and relations, preparing press releases, etc.
- Proven and demonstrable experience in editing and producing publications
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search