Purchasing Lead - Up to £35,000 depending on experience - Corby
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to join a leading manufacturing business, based in Corby.
You will have complete autonomy in this role and will be responsible for managing the procurement process with the support of a Purchasing Assistant who will report to you.
This is an office-based role, and the hours are Monday - Thursday 7am-4.30pm and 7am-12pm on a Friday.
As Purchasing Lead, some of your duties will include:
- Sourcing new suppliers - manage the process from initial visit, negotiations, and agreements
- Manage relationships with existing suppliers (UK and Far East) - Spend reviews, performance reviews etc.
- Lead, coach and develop the Purchasing Assistant
- Providing solutions to supply chain issues, thinking outside the box and looking at alternative products/options
- Budget responsibility
- Working closely with Production to manage stock levels
- Working closely with sales and production to create and manage forecast
- Continuously review product costings, looking at cost savings where possible
- Process/Continuous improvement
- Ensure products meet quality standards
We're looking for someone with the following skills and experience
- Excellent communicator
- Previous leadership experience is beneficial but not essential
- Purchasing experience is essential
- Strong relationship building skills
- Solutions focused and able to 'think outside the box'
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted