Buyer required to cover a 12-month maternity contract, Lewes, up to £26k dependent on experience. Working in a small, friendly team, previous experience in a similar buying/purchasing role is essential. You will manage your own set of suppliers, building relationships and managing whole process from order through to supply.
Duties will include:
- General ordering, to keep stock items readily available
- Managing forecasts provide by Sales Team
- Producing and providing forecasts to suppliers
- Booking in of stock onto internal computer systems
- Liaising with external transport companies to arrange transport and book in deliveries of stock.
- Checking Order Confirmations
- Archiving of paperwork
- Order Progress Chasing
- Collating information on Supplier KPI's (key performance indicator)
- Reporting short/over deliveries, and deliveries of incorrect products to supplier (SUP's)
- Answering general telephone line and redirecting calls
- Managing Personal and Buying emails
Naturally you will have strong knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel and good analytical knowledge. A friendly telephone manner and good written and oral communication skills with customers. Ability to work in a team and on an individual basis. Ability to plan and prioritise your day to day workload to meet deadlines.
This is a full-time role working Monday-Friday, working 8-4pm or 8.45-4.45pm, 3% pension matched, Simply Health scheme, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and time off at Xmas.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search