A hands on, flexible and compassionate Learning and Development Manager is required to join a truly people focused, not for profit organisation based just outside of Hitchin. This role can be either full-time or part-time (30 hours a week) and is a great role for somebody who is currently in the search for a job with meaning that will touch, and influence people's lives.
As Learning and Development Manager you will report to the organisations People Director and will lead the learning and development strategy within the business. Ensuring high quality training and development is provided to all employees and volunteers. You will constantly be looking at how to improve and L & D plan and identify new education and training programs, identify opportunities to generate income and measure success.
As Learning and Development Manager you will ultimately be responsible for:
- Working with internal stakeholders to review, develop and implement a L & D strategic plan, that is in line with the businesses needs and delivers a return on investment
- Review, develop and implement a comprehensive induction program
- The development of a income generating education and training program across all of the businesses functions
- Ensure the organisations performance management program drives high performance and employee engagement
- Management of external training suppliers
- Ensure the continual delivery of training that drives leadership, management development and specialist skills
- Management of the succession management process
- Developing relationship with local Universities and FE collages
- Full management of the L & D budget
- Managing the organisations Apprenticeship and Trainee programs
The ideal Learning and Development Manager candidate will need:
- Experience of working within a similar L & D role
- Experience of working with in the retail or clinical sectors would be preferable but not essential
- Experience of creating L & D strategy and leading change within an organisation
- Innovative and up to date practices and thinking with a strong knowledge of all relevant employment and workplace legislation
- Budget and Financial Management experience
- To be CIPD qualified or holding a professional qualification relevant to training
- Outstanding and proven leadership skills
- To be collaborative
Working Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week full time or 30hrs per week part time, you will be based just outside of Hitchin. You can expect to receive a salary from up £43,750 (FT) or up to £35,000 (PT) plus a benefits package which includes access to complimentary therapies, enhance holiday entitlement (27 days), education support, access to an employee discount program and a cycle to work scheme to name but a few. There is also free on-site parking.
If you have the experience to match the requirements, please apply now to Neil Copping. I will respond to all applications within 2 working days.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search