Senior Logistics Co-ordinator
Our client a leading supplier in their industry who distributes globally are currently looking to recruit a Senior Logistics Co-ordinator to join their friendly team. This is a great opportunity to join an interesting company with opportunities. You will oversee and manage logistics support services to clients worldwide whilst leading your team from the front. This position is crucial to providing excellent logistics support, service and ensuring continued customer satisfaction.
Role: Senior Logistics Co-ordinator Location: Southampton Salary: Up to £32,000pa dependant on experience
Responsibilities will include:
- Processing of purchase orders and quotations.
- Organising the delivery of products to a warehouse, consolidator or direct to a customer.
- Dealing with queries and problem solving.
- Placing of orders for products.
- Liaise with management on warehouse stock holdings.
- Highlight to management, any product located in an office or warehouse which is redundant/no activity in a 6-month period.
- Highlight to management, any product due to expire within 6 months or less, or which has expired.
- Update daily, the outstanding orders and the consolidated orders spreadsheets.
- Disposal of expired/redundant stock management to ensure disposal is not required in the future.
- Management of product versions, stock distribution globally and of delivery schedules.
- Support the logistics team with any queries.
- Periodical analysis of individual product items, depot by depot & customer by customer.
- Regular reconciliation of stock projections, working with consumption levels and current vessel itineraries - placement of stock relative to existing customer and projected customer turn-over for levels worldwide in liaison with the financial analyst.
- Source providers and negotiate contracts.
- Plan and execute client (quarterly) delivery schedules worldwide.
- Manage stock levels at warehouses, maintain minimum stock levels in all warehouses in agreement with CEO.
You will need:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in a similar role (essential)
- To lead by example
- To be highly organised and efficient with excellent attention to detail
- To be proactive in your approach
- A stable career history
- To be flexible
- Confident IT skills - SAGE would be an advantage but is not essential
If this role is of interest to you and you have the necessary skills and experience please don't hesitate to APPLY.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted