It has never been a more exciting time to join this expanding firm We are a full-service firm, highly recognised as a leader across several practices. Having grown exponentially over recent years, we are now almost 800 strong with 11 offices across the UK.
An opportunity has arisen for a Legal Secretary based in our Cambridge office to offer support in the Dispute Resolution Team. You will be working as part of a team supporting partners and fee-earners by carrying out legal work, and other duties under the supervision of the team. In addition you will be carrying out administrative work where required.
What we need you to do:
- Carry out the opening of a new matter process including client ID checks.
- Prepare correspondence and documents through audio typing and word processing.
- Assist with the monthly billing process.
- Take telephone calls and field enquiries as appropriate.
- Support the fee earners in preparing for meetings, ensuring travel, paperwork, attendee list, reports and files are organised.
- Preparation of court/Tribunal/Land registry applications and hearings (including electronic bundles) and also the instructions to counsel.
- Provide cover for inboxes and voicemails while members of the fee earning, and support team are on holiday or off sick.
- Take ownership of new client originator/referral data.
- Have the ability to support the Dispute Resolution team whenever possible.
- A solid grasp of Microsoft systems preferably experiences in Case Management systems.
- A keen eye for detail.
- The ability to manage tight deadlines, changing priorities and volume workloads is essential for this role.
- Well organised and able to multitask and take a pro-active approach to your work.
- Experience in handling strict court deadlines.
- Experience in handling court bundles.
- Experience in handling and producing court documents.
- To be a team player and willing to get stuck into new tasks.
Excellent Benefits Package :
- 27 days' annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Support Staff Bonus Scheme
- Gym Membership Contribution of 1/3 of annual fees
- PES Online Benefits Portal with access to thousands of online discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted