Brighton & Hove City Council
£10.01 per hour
3 month ongoing temp
Housing Centre - Moulsecoomb, Brighton
Purpose of the Job
Brighton & Hove City Council are now looking for an administrator to join them ASAP in their local repairs team. This team ensures that works orders are scheduled efficiently and effectively through their appointments system and that repairs works are allocated to operatives leading to all works being carried out as quickly as possible.
If you read the below responsibilities of the role and have Administration experience, please feel free to apply to the advert and we will get back to you in the next few days!
- Schedule Operative and Sub-Contractor work to ensure effective resource management.
- Monitor daily work volumes to ensure efficient use of resources to meet turnaround times.
- Provide supporting information on operative performance levels to Managers and Supervisors.
- Ensure that IT systems are operated effectively, and that operatives are using and updating their PDAs appropriately and schedule of rate codes are inputted correctly.
- Ensure that repairs are monitored and updated on an ongoing basis in relation to job status. This includes but is not limited to making job bookings within target times, cancelling works orders where required, and following up on jobs actioned by the end of each day.
- Act as a key person in the communication between the residents and maintenance workers regarding ongoing works where required and liaison with colleagues to ensure accurate & timely information provided.
- Work with all team members including colleagues Operatives, Supervisors and Sub-Contractors to ensure an efficient and productive service is delivered to service users.
- Follow and support policies, procedures, initiatives and work instructions at all times.
- Provide back up to all other Planners, if and when required, covering any absences and attending training sessions as required.
- Experience of working in a busy, pressurised environment and dealing with challenging situations
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Good IT skills and able to use Microsoft Office and the ability to schedule delivery of a large repairs service using different software packages
- Good time management, planning & organisational skills.
- Strong customer experience ethos
Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with a wider range of individuals and groups, some of whom may be angry or distressed, including the ability to explain complex matters logistically and coherently.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted