Legal Secretary - Northampton - up to £26,000 depending on experience
We are recruiting a Legal Secretary to join a leading law firm based in Northampton. You'll be joining a very busy Private Wealth Team.
Working closely with the Executive Assistant, you will provide in-depth support to all the Partners and Lawyers within the Private Wealth unit, across four different offices.
As Legal Secretary, some of your daily duties will include:
- Manage the file opening and closing process for the Private Wealth team.
- Prepare and complete as much as possible (including conflict checks) of the Matter opening form, ensuring that the relevant fee earner completes the form.
- Be responsible for chasing client identification and submitting this to compliance. You'll carry out monthly Lexcel reviews for Fee earners using their Matters Listing.
- Be responsible for sorting out old client account balances.
- Assist with the preparation of all financial transactions as required.
- Identify bespoke charge out rates for clients/matters and liaise with the Accounts team to ensure they are on Evolution.
- Prepare correspondence and documents through audio typing and word-processing from a team central digital dictation system.
- Assist in the organisation of events as required.
- Prepare for meetings, ensuring travel, paperwork, attendee list, reports and files are organised.
- Be asked to assist in the completion of fee earner timesheets and expense claims.
- Manage month end billing
- Responsible for the handling the Contentious Will enquiry line and managing the spreadsheet to keep up to date with the calls relating to the Contentious Trusts and Probate.
Skills and experience required:
- Legal Secretarial experience
- Experience handling Trust accounts and the trusts process for their clients is highly desirable
- Experience of supporting fee earners/Partners.
- Excellent attention to detail and IT literate
Hours of work are 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted