School Campus Maintenance Manager
£26,000 - £30,000
As Maintenance Manager, you will ensure the buildings and grounds are kept safe and attractive, in a cost-effective way.
You'll be responsible for all aspects of site management including security, cleanliness, monitoring contracts/contractors, routine maintenance and refurbishment, minor repairs, advising the Principal/School Business Manager on suggested improvements to the general school environment, and to implement pre-planned maintenance programmes.
You'll provide maintenance, and security services, taking into account health and safety policies and procedures and will manage a small team.
As Maintenance Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Monitor the performance of the cleaning contract and liaise with the Area Manager to ensure a clean, tidy, and well-maintained school environment.
- Develop appropriate monitoring procedures to ensure that the school site is kept clean, safe and in a good state of repair and stocked with all necessary supplies.
- Contract management, ensuring external providers adhere to service level agreements following up any concerns as appropriate.
- Control mechanical and electrical equipment by computerised systems within the school facilities.
- Ensure routine safety and fire precaution checks are conducted as required and that any issues are addressed, and logs are kept up to date. Checks to include perimeter fences, security devices, fire appliances, systems, and alarms.
- Ensure that routine maintenance service checks on all serviceable equipment are carried out i.e. boilers, air conditioning units, firefighting equipment, lightning conductors etc. and results recorded.
- To perform the role of fire warden and first aider.
- Ensure routine maintenance duties, repairs and DIY projects, including internal and external painting and clearing gutters/drains are undertaken as required.
- To carry out regular H&S inspections and Risk Assessments
- Drive the minibus as required
- Monitor the heating, lighting and water systems of the premises so as to reduce costs and ensure appropriate frost precautions are taken.
- Provide site security
Skills and experience required:
- Full UK Driving licence is essential (with no more than 3 penalty points) as you will be required to drive the minibus. D1 is desirable
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal
- Caretaking or maintenance experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong practical skills i.e. general maintenance, basic plumbing, painting, landscape maintenance etc.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted