We're looking for a resilient and self-motivated Business Development Manager to join a well renowned, global business.
This is solely a new business role initially, but you will account manage the business that you win, therefore eventually will become a split between new business and account management.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, you will identify and generate new business and be the primary contact for relevant accounts, with responsibility for developing the long-term relationships. You will work closely with your accounts to identify additional strategic initiatives in order to strengthen the relationship as well as providing potential new revenue streams.
This is a field-based role and will therefore require work on an independent basis across a range of defined market sectors (Insurance, Fleet / Lease, Rental, Trade) throughout the United Kingdom.
As Business Development Manager, some of your duties will include:
- Actively seek out and identify new business opportunities and to support the organisation in trying to secure them.
- Work closely with accounts to identify additional strategic initiatives in order to strengthen the relationship as well as providing potential new revenue streams.
- Manage the annual (or other) price negotiations to grow the margin profitability of the portfolio.
- Grow share by working with Operations and/or other areas of the business as necessary to improve service performance or by influencing the key accounts to reduce leakage to alternative service providers.
- Provide a link between internal support functions and your clients to ensure that the debt levels are kept to a minimum.
- Provide regular reports for key accounts weekly, monthly or quarterly
- Respond to queries from your clients in a timely and professional manner whenever they may arise.
- Provide support and assistance to other Business Development Managers during tender processes or annual negotiations and provide cover during periods of leave.
- Work closely with the National Sales Manager and other members of the Sales Team to develop and implement initiatives and strategies for the accounts.
- Utilise, update and maintain systems to provide key market information on existing and new clients
- Represent the business at corporate events and networking
What are we looking for?
- Strong new business and account development skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, driven and hard-working, with the ability to organise your own workload to achieve personal effectiveness daily
- Driver of change, able to be the catalyst
- A growth mind-set
- Builds strong, credible relationships
- Has high quality standards
- Good emotional control with strong emotional intelligence, coaching and listening
- Highly flexible and adaptive and happy to stay overnight whilst travelling
- Collaborate at all levels internally and externally
- Basic salary of up to £50,000 depending on experience
- Car Allowance or Company Car
- Generous bonus scheme related to both personal and team performance 25% (paid annually)
- Up to 15% pension contributions - based on employee contribution of 5%
- Life assurance policy
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Private Healthcare - maximum family cover
- Access to our discount & shopping benefits platform with savings on popular brands, holidays, goods etc
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted